I started a blog and I'm doing a survey

Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Registered Users Posts: 65
Hi everyone,

Disregard this if you're a member of the wavy hair community on Facebook and you already know all about this :smile:
I hope it's ok for me to post this here. I scanned the rules and guidelines and didn't see anything that implied this wasn't OK, but if it's not, please just remove the post, and I apologize.

First off, I started a blog for a class (All the Wave). I am by no means a wavy hair expert, but it's been kind of fun to write about my experiences. My next assignment for the blog is to make an infographic, so I decided I wanted to conduct my own research and find out if there might be any correlations between hair types and product ingredient problems. Hopefully I'll find something and this will help cut down on some of the trial and error we all go through at the beginning.

If you choose to participate, I'll be using the information on my blog, but your answers will be anonymous and no personal information will be recorded.

So, if you have a few minutes, would you mind answering a few questions about your hair? Hair Types and Products Survey

Comments

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    I took your survey, I am very interested in the results.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Registered Users Posts: 65
    That's awesome! Thanks!
  • wavycurlymesswavycurlymess Registered Users Posts: 48
    Blog looks good! I also took the survey.
    2B,2C with some 3A curls
    Shoulder-length
    Fine, Thin
    Medium porosity
    Color-treated
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I enjoyed your blog. I took the survey too. :) I watched one of your videos, and you do well to keep things moving along. I hate it when bloggers do too much chitchat, because I have come there to learn something and feel frustrated when I have to listen to their life story, ha ha.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Neophyte
    I took the survey and read every post on your blog! I'm not a wavy, but the information helped me! Great blog! You're doing a wonderful job!

~Jenae
    3b, Course, High Density, Low Porosity, WL
    Blog: http://countrycurl.blogspot.com/ (Sent from CurlTalk App)
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate that! Thanks for doing the survey, too. I'm probably going to post the infographic next Friday.
    I almost completely forgot to post the results of the survey here. I ended up narrowing down the topic of the infographic A LOT. I couldn't include all the information I asked about. I guess I was a little overly ambitious. I decided to do porosity and glycerin. I found some loose correlations with that that might be interesting. Here it is!

https://allthewave.wordpress.com/2016/03/19/all-about-hair-porosity-and-glycerin/

the-truth-about-hair-porosity-and-glycerin1.jpg?w=620
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Good survey.

My hair is medium porosity. My hair gets curlier in high dew point. Loses volume low dew point.
    macher wrote: »
    Good survey.

My hair is medium porosity. My hair gets curlier in high dew point. Loses volume low dew point.

Interesting! A lot of lopo people said that, but not medium. Then again, I could have definitely designed the questions better to get better results. If nothing else, I learned a lot from this experiment. Maybe I'll try it again some time.
  • kfoley228kfoley228 Registered Users Posts: 17
    I have 2b/2c colored with medium porosity. In low humidity hair is flatter and less curl, no frizz. In high humidity loads of volume and curl, a little frizz sometimes.
    Good survey.

Interesting! A lot of lopo people said that, but not medium. Then again, I could have definitely designed the questions better to get better results. If nothing else, I learned a lot from this experiment. Maybe I'll try it again some time.

I definitely have medium po hair, high po from mid shaft to ends.

It's pretty humid today and very windy. With the combo of humidity and wind my hair is looking pretty good. I like the wavy somewhat defined poofy look. My hair definitely gets wavier/curly when it's humid. Doesn't go limp. Goes limp in the dry winter.

This is 3rd day hair.

I actually don't like my hair this curly rather have it poofy wavy.

50ca1e5cdd1416afadc604cb3b980f8a.jpg
    kfoley228 wrote: »
    I have 2b/2c colored with medium porosity. In low humidity hair is flatter and less curl, no frizz. In high humidity loads of volume and curl, a little frizz sometimes.

That sounds exactly like me
    Ppl whose hair gets curlier in high humidity and flat and less curlier in dry weather, do you find that glycerin/humectants affects that? (Asking for a friend --- JK totally asking for me.)
    Ppl whose hair gets curlier in high humidity and flat and less curlier in dry weather, do you find that glycerin/humectants affects that? (Asking for a friend --- JK totally asking for me.)

I definitely can't use glycerin in the dry winter. My hair will get stringy. I run olive oil through my hair in the dry winter. When it gets more consistently humid I'll use a a drop or 2 of Aveda Be Curly Style prep where glycerin is top 1/3 of the list.

I definitely can't use glycerin in the dry winter. My hair will get stringy. When it gets more consistently humid I'll use a a drop or 2 of Aveda Be Curly Style prep.

Thanks! I suspect I should avoid the glycerin, too.

I definitely can't use glycerin in the dry winter. My hair will get stringy. When it gets more consistently humid I'll use a a drop or 2 of Aveda Be Curly Style prep.

Thanks! I suspect I should avoid the glycerin, too.

You should avoid glycerin when? I don't avoid it in the summer.

I prefer my quick styling with no product. What I'm doing now is just spritzing my hair with water from a water bottle and styling with no stylers. I cleanse and condish my hair every 3-4 days. If I condish my hair good and take my time on 1st day my, the water spritz seems to re activate the condish already in my hair. All the pics I've posted is my hair 2nd+ plus hair just spritzed with water.

As it gets more consistently humid I suspect I'll need to add the likes of Aveda Be Curly Style prep or Be Curly Curl Enhancer(which is more of a cream).
    This is 3rd day hair right out of bed. I don't sleep with a satin pillow. Doesn't look like I need to cleanse and condish and / or I don't want too.

1985fd67b1ee4e1d289e3c0d8085a779.jpg

This is my hair after a I spritzed with straight water and very lightly scrunched because I wavy not curly.

a2a85ba89d29a3d68556d034730d6efd.jpg
    This is 3rd day hair right out of bed. I don't sleep with a satin pillow. Doesn't look like I need to cleanse and condish and / or I don't want too.

1985fd67b1ee4e1d289e3c0d8085a779.jpg

This is my hair after I spritzed with straight water and very lightly scrunched because I want wavy not curly.

a2a85ba89d29a3d68556d034730d6efd.jpg

Like I said I suspect I'm either going to have to cleanse and condish my hair more often or use a styler since work outside in the elements.

In the dry winter months I would need to cleanse and condish more often and I've used Be Curly as a styler. My hair in the winter months doesn't have volume.

My hair loves humidity.
    My hair about 90% dry. 5704c28a6e4effdfd769ae63c9717575.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file