Help an older lady (new hair)find her hair type, please?

maria.lehannmaria.lehann Registered Users Posts: 8
I just took the quiz and I am still confused.

Okay, the picture of me in the pink shirt outside was taken several years ago right after shampooing my hair. I didn't scrunch it or do anything to it. That was my regular wave pattern.

The second is several years later after shampooing my hair and scrunching my hair to enhance the waves.

I think my hair has somehow gotten a little curlier over the years from scrunching it for years. Also, it is a lot grayer now. I think the texture is changing. Is that possible?

Thank you! Hope someone can help me!

Maria In Mass

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Nice curls! I'm not the best at hair typing, but I would say that yes, your hair has gotten curlier. It looks like the earlier picture shows type 2a hair, while the more recent pic might even be 3a...not sure.

I do think that the texture of gray hairs is often different from nongray hair. I have some gray coming in, and I see a very big texture difference. My gray is much coarser.

Your refrigerator looks like mine, with the holy cards. :)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    The hot pink/purple shirt is 2c near the roots and 3a closer to the ends and the other light pink/turtle neck shirt is a 2b, the waves are just a bit too tight to be 2a. Without product and with frizz it masks the wave/curl pattern. As we age and hormones change in our bodies our curl patterns can drastically change. Even some medications and our eating habits/stress can change our curls!
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file