Help me find my Type!!

rkersenrkersen Registered Users Posts: 4
So, I've officially started the CG method as of today. I cleansed my hair with a sulfate clairifying shampoo and conditioned with a silicone free conditioner. I didn't do anything else besides getting out excess moisture with a cotton t-shirt.
Please excuse my rosacea. I didn't put any make up on today. One is from right out of the shower (the one with the phone) and the others are completely air dried.
20160303_125153.jpg 20160303_141855.jpg
20160303_141906.jpg 20160303_141913.jpg
20160303_141936.jpg

Comments

• AmKoAmKo Registered Users Posts: 96 Curl Neophyte
    Hello! First off, I want to say that you have beautiful shiny smooth waves! As far as what type... I think a mix of 2A and 2B, but I am no expert!
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    HEllo!

Your hair is really nice and shiny! Great definition too; I'm impressed it looks so good with no product. Honestly I don't think your hair needs anything in terms of stylers. You can always try to play around with products and see what happens. Just have fun!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    Oh and I think you're 2a/b
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I would agree with 2a/2b. Your hair looks like mine, and that's what I consider mine to be. Your hair looks lovely even without product!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    You're leaning more towards 2b than 2a (I can tell from the wet hair photo, 2b curls start closer to the roots than 2a) but you definitely have both, you may find that as you continue your curl pattern will get stronger and you will most definitely find that day to day your curls won't look the same! Many of us have had our curls change as we've learned more about them and what they like/don't like in the way of care and ingredients in hair products. I have been at this for years already, even before I found this forum and I am still forever learning, the lingo, new info on ingredients, methods, etc. Your hair looks healthy which is great too, makes for a much easier transition! :thumright:
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file