Herbal Essence 0% Cleansing Conditioner

rkersenrkersen Registered Users Posts: 4
I'm about to embark on the CG Method and I've done a lot of research. I am 2a/2b fine hair. Tends to get oily, but I"ve read and been told that co-washing with the right product can help with this issue. I don't want to spend tons of money on products. Today I spotted Herbal Essence 0% Cleansing Conditioner. I checked the ingredient list, and the only no-no I found is Dimethicone. It's a non water soluble silicone. Is this an ok product to start off with?

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    The CG method does not allow for products with non-water-soluble silicones, which is dimethicone, so no, that co-wash would not work. The dimethicone would require a sulfate shampoo for it to be removed from your hair, and sulfates dry the hair out, creating lots of problems for curly hair. (The basis of CG is no silicones and no sulfates.) If you search the forums, you can probably find some threads where people mention the conditioners that they use for co-washing. I think that one of them is Kiss My Face Whenever conditioner. There is also one by As I Am.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GroovyEyeGroovyEye Registered Users Posts: 52 Curl Neophyte
    It's weird because I have been co-washing for 5 years and my hair loves cones. It is very low porosity. I usually use my favorite low cost conditioner, and then every once in a blue moon (like once every 2 weeks), I use an actual co-wash. Works for me! :)

Eden Bodyworks is pretty awesome. I am buying the co-wash.
    * 3B curls, thick/coarse, low porosity, and high density *
    Co-wash: Garnier Triple Nutrition or Herbal Essence Color Me Happy or Herbal Essence Hydralicious Self-Targeting or Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter - Detangler: The Wet Brush - Leave-in: Giovanni Direct - Styling cream: Eden Bodyworks Coconut All Natural Curl Defining Cream - Styling gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious - Extra shine: The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Mango or Coconut - Color: Pravana Vivids in Too Cute Coral

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file