Loving this styling technique

PretzelPretzel Registered Users Posts: 12
I ran across Nathi's curly hair routine video and am getting great results so I thought I'd share. It adds moisture and clumps curls nicely without making them look too perfect. Get decent volume and nice bounce too. All styling is done in the shower, which cuts down on the mess.

I also add 10 - 15 mins of plopping and diffuse.

youtu.be/A3G_hXhoEk4

Comments

• MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    I am surprised she hasn't had the white fleck reaction with the One Condition and the Ultra Defining Gel. The Deva stylist near me told me to never use One Condition as leave in as it usually causes white flecks to appear in the hair when you apply the gel. That's why they say to use the products they create specifically for leave-in purposes. I had the white fleck reactions when I was using Deva products and tried using the One Condition the same way the girl in the video uses it. No dice for me. The only Deva product I use now on occasion is the Styling Cream... I have the other products too but never use them anymore. It was a glycerin overload for me and in the wet climate I live in, that much glycerin is just a disaster.

ETA: Wavies and curlies really should always put their products in in the shower, she does a great job in the video of showing how to detangle and how to wash with no-poo type cleansers. It really minimizes frizz. I even plop in the shower, and then continue washing and shaving and all that jazz afterwards (I wash my hair first thing when I get in the shower).
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • PretzelPretzel Registered Users Posts: 12
    Mei wrote: »
    I am surprised she hasn't had the white fleck reaction with the One Condition and the Ultra Defining Gel. The Deva stylist near me told me to never use One Condition as leave in as it usually causes white flecks to appear in the hair when you apply the gel. That's why they say to use the products they create specifically for leave-in purposes. I had the white fleck reactions when I was using Deva products and tried using the One Condition the same way the girl in the video uses it. No dice for me. The only Deva product I use now on occasion is the Styling Cream... I have the other products too but never use them anymore. It was a glycerin overload for me and in the wet climate I live in, that much glycerin is just a disaster.

ETA: Wavies and curlies really should always put their products in in the shower, she does a great job in the video of showing how to detangle and how to wash with no-poo type cleansers. It really minimizes frizz. I even plop in the shower, and then continue washing and shaving and all that jazz afterwards (I wash my hair first thing when I get in the shower).

Yes, I'm like you...the only Deva product I have been able to use successfully is the super cream. I gave the low poo, one conditioner, and ultra defining gel away...they made my hair funky. I think it was the glycerin for me too...although I love the AIA Curling Jelly. It also has glycerin but must not have as much. I was surprised it works as well as it does for me. I don't seem to need a leave in right now...yay...one less product!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file