3B/3C half curly half straight after transitionning

cyrincyrin Posts: 1Registered Users
I'm middle eastern i've been relaxing my hair since i was 10 it's been almost two years since i stopped and my natural hair grew, it's a disaster half of my hair is curly and the other half is straight, even when i stopped relaxing it i would still straighten it once in a while but i never took care of it properly..
now it's been a month since i started taking care of it doing mask co-washing trying to make it healthy until it grows so i can cut my hair, now the problem is my roots are getting oily and soft which is good but the rest of my hair is different some part are soft some are super dry some are very curly 3c and very tight some are 3B very loose and other parts are just frizzy and won't curl, i don't even know what my curl pattern is ! any DIY Masks ? has anyone ever been through this ?

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    One thing you never get taught until you have your hair curly is that shampoo should be applied to your scalp only and conditioner to the ends of your hair only.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,352Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if you've stopped relaxing 2 yrs ago is there enough length that you could cut off the damaged part? if not all, maybe even few inches would help and make styling a bit easier.
    always continue with deep conditioning treatments, and leave in some conditioner.
    don't give up, you're on your way!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • carnovalesquecarnovalesque Posts: 14Registered Users
    I think the problem is that you kept straightening it! I stopped relaxing in October 2014 but kept flatironing my hair, and eventually I had to stop, because the heat damage destroyed my curls! So now I'm newly transitoning, started January 2016, and I have vowed to not use any heat so I can retain my natural curl pattern, which I haven't seen since I was like five years old.

And now, a little over three months after beginning to really transition, my hair is part curly, part wavy, part bone straight. The crown and top half of my head are mostly limp and straight, the hair at the very bottom is curly but still loose curls, and everything in the middle is various wave patterns. It's a complete nightmare disaster. I feel you.
    Egyptian
    Type 3b-3c
    Transitioning since Jan 2016, from heat damage and Keratin treatment
  • TwinbornTwinborn Posts: 1Registered Users
    You, my friend, are my twin, I suppose.

I'm also from the middleast and I also have done exactly what you did to your hair. And surprisingly I, too, have the exact same type of hair with the exact same problems.

I won't be able to give you any help though because I basically started my transitioning journey a week ago. But I hope that we'll both be able to reach the kind of hair that we know we have.

I know for a fact though that it's extremely difficult to find any of the recommended products that I've read about online. I'm still searching. And I still have hope. But ::shrug:: It will take a while that's for sure.

Would love to be transitioning buddies!
  • maniamania Posts: 56Registered Users
    Yeah it is great things to share ..
  • KinkyMarshaKinkyMarsha Posts: 5Registered Users
    I've been doing large trims prettry regularly. Like 4 to 5 inches at a time, a gew months apart. My goal is also to grow it completely out and this is slowly getting rid of damage without getting all big choppy which i am not ready to do. With every cut i get easier to handle hair, not to mention less product use.
  • KinkyMarshaKinkyMarsha Posts: 5Registered Users
    I've been doing large trims prettry regularly. Like 4 to 5 inches at a time, a gew months apart. My goal is also to grow it completely out and this is slowly getting rid of damage without getting all big choppy which i am not ready to do. With every cut i get easier to handle hair, not to mention less product use.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file