Alternative to One Condition in humidity

Ashley.RacheAshley.Rache Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello!

Let me start by saying i am a recent convert to the Curly Girl Method. I am currently using One Condition as a leave in and Curls Blueberry Control jelly as a styler. I read that when it starts getting humid it shouldn't be used because of the high glycerin content. What are some good leave ins that are curly girl friendly with a lower glycerin content? I also wouldn't mind knowing what styler I should use with the leave ins? I believe I'm 3C, low porosity I will try to post a pic soon

Comments

• africangoddestafricangoddest Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hi I'm in cosmetology and my teacher recommended briogeo curl charisma she told me it was really good but it was $18 you can order it on Amazon I'm going to try to order it soon
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's strange! I've been using Deva for both winter and summer and regardless of humidity it's been fine. I think the issue is really perhaps with the styler. I can say from experience that Deva products act a little strange sometimes with products from other brands, so if *possible* I'd suggest trying the Ultra Defining Gel with it instead. They sell small bottles for around $8 at Ulta, so that'd be good to test it out. Beats having to buy and use a third product; just replace the styler you've been using! And a little goes a long way; since this statement is so cliché, to put it into perspective, I bought the 12 oz bottle of Ultra Defining Gel for $20. *Three months later* it's still half full. (Mind you my routine is to wash every 7 days, but that's still inCREDible!) It's better to just change the styler too, especially if you've been getting good moisture and definition from One Condition. :thumright:
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • Ashley.RacheAshley.Rache Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you! I will definitely look into buying the ultra defining gel. I've been looking to try a new styler anyway. The blueberry control jelly is ok. But I'm not completely happy with it. I didn't even think of changing the styler and not the leave in! Great idea! Thanks :)
  • Ashley.RacheAshley.Rache Posts: 3Registered Users
    I've tried brio products and sadly they made my hair look like ramen noodles. Sadly that has scarred me from trying any more of their products lol. But thanks for the suggestion!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file