Just one product?

So I've been using the same three products in my hair when I come out of the shower. Garnier Fructis sleek & shine leave in, Bumble & bumble curl conscious calming creme and frizz ease hair serum. Its been working well for the most part but sometimes I just wish there was one hair product I could use in my hair and be done. Is there such a product out there??? I read that some people just use oil, not sure which kind is good. Can anyone shed any light? I hate that I can't just put one product and in my hair and be done.

Comments

• caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    I only use gel(LA Looks Sports gel, for many years now) in my hair post-washing+conditioning. Recently I've been just CONSIDERING using a curl enhancing cream under the gel - that would be pretty daring for me LOL, as I tend to like to keep my styling simple(scrunch with one product and go). I do condition lots though! Hope this helps.:)
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    I wish I could use just one product too. Of course if I could find that one product it would probably cost $100/ounce. And if there was that one miracle product that would work for me, I would no longer be a product junkie and after all the goal of all the product companies is to get us to buy more products.

Have you tried using a small container and mixing the three products together? If they don't need to be layered it may work.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    I've seen some people have good luck with Shea Moisture's new Rose Oil complex gel creme. Strong smell though. And I can use Curl Junkie Coffee Cocoa Curl Creme lite by itself which shocks me.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • sexyNcurlysexyNcurly Registered Users Posts: 241
    I wish I could use just one product too. Of course if I could find that one product it would probably cost $100/ounce. And if there was that one miracle product that would work for me, I would no longer be a product junkie and after all the goal of all the product companies is to get us to buy more products.

Have you tried using a small container and mixing the three products together? If they don't need to be layered it may work.

I can't believe I never thought of this! This is genius! What i did was just put a dollop of each in my hand mixed it together and put it in my hair. So far it looks the same but hasn't completely dried yet. If this works I will be so thrilled to save all that time. Thanks so much!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    I hope it works for you. I may try it myself today.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    Let's clarify what you mean by "one product". Do you mean one styling product? does that include a sealer, a finishing product?

If you just are pining after one styling product, I second LA Looks Sport Gel. I do use a light sealer with it, and a small amount of Deva Foam just at the crown, but I am certain I could forego the Deva foam and still have a very good hair day. I just adopted LALSG and am very glad I did. I was using Deva's Ultra Defining gel, and that is also fine alone, but I feel the LALSG gives me more volume. Its winter her in Wisconsin, though, and this could all change with warmer weather and more humidity. LALSG is well worth a try; its cheap and easily available on the ground.
  • cristi05cristi05 Registered Users Posts: 27 Curl Neophyte
    When we go camping I take Tressemme Naturals & I CoWash with it then use it as a leave in and then emulsify more (quarter size in palm & rub hands together real fast) & scrunch more in. Of course I let it air dry & my hair doesn't turn out too bad!! It feels like I have a ton of product in it & I could probably skip the leave in part but it's just ONE product!! I've never tried this at home because I have several products I'm trying to use up...
  • Bella96Bella96 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I find Shea Moisture's Restorative Conditioner does great on its own
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I could get by with using just gelatin gel, and used to. Things were simpler that way for sure.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file