Air Drying Leaves Hair Frizzy

RxnaRxna Posts: 2Registered Users
I've noticed that if I shower early in the morning and let it air dry throughout the day, my hair looks extremely frizzy and poofy by nightfall, even if I don't touch it or mess with it or anything.
If I shower in the evening, let it dry for an hour or so, and then plop it and sleep on it, my hair comes out far less frizzy, with volume still in tact.
Is there any reason for this or a way to prevent this?
Thank you~
Cleanser: CD Black Vanilla Shampoo & SM Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo
Conditioner: Tresemme Expert Selection Perfectly Undone Conditioner
Styling: KCKT Leave-In

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The only thing I can think of is that your dew points are quite high during the day but then drop at night. I have heard of people purposely showering at night in humid summers because their hair doesn't frizz as it dries, due to the lower dew point at night. The only thing I could suggest (I'm not that great at dealing with frizz) is to use some kind of oil sealant over the top of your leave-in, or use a leave-in that uses silicones (if you don't mind using silicones on your hair).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • RxnaRxna Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you! I'll try to find an oil sealant for my hair. :)
    Cleanser: CD Black Vanilla Shampoo & SM Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Expert Selection Perfectly Undone Conditioner
    Styling: KCKT Leave-In
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hello! I was just curious if you use a gel, and do you try diffusing? I don't understand why.... but, my hair seems to have less frizz if I allow it to air dry for a while (1/2 hour to an hour), and then diffuse on low/cool temp. I have only been trying this method for a few months or so. But, I think I like it.

I shampoo, condition, then get out of shower and plop for about 10 minutes. Then, I put in leave in and gel. Air dry...... Then diffuse. Lastly, I rub 2-4 drops of oil in my palms and smooth over hair and ends. Sometimes I even add a tiny tiny bit mote of leave in.

Don't know if this would work for you, but just thought I would share. Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file