Howdy - new and nervous

amoebaamoeba Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi All

I am living in Australia - I am pretty sure I have normal to high porosity, Medium/thick texture and I am not certain if 3A or B.... I never wear my hair "natural". I found a few pictures from a looooooong time (always layered with gunk to keep it down not a halo) a ago - 4 of these attached - and one side I am confident is a 3B the other is looser and less defined.

I have ordered the Curly Girl book from book depository so should be here in a couple of weeks. I want to get started but just really nervous and not quite sure on how to go about starting on a co-wash regime and getting my hair started.

Any 3A/3B's with some suggestions of a good starting co-washing conditioners (understand I should need 2??) a leave-in and gel/whatnot (I've never really used gel before!) my regime if going curly was wash, condition, frizz-easing thick stuff (my fav was Static-Free FM that actually helped!) and maybe some serum for a little shine at the end.

Thank you!
A

Comments

• louise_mclouise_mc Posts: 6Registered Users
    Just saying hi. Another newbie here so I'm no expert by any means! I started CG yesterday and feel really good. I'm in the UK so I don't know if you have them in Australia but I'm using 'Kind Natured' no sulphate/silicone shampoo and conditioner. I've also mixed half conditioner and half mineral water in a spray bottle and I'm using that as my leave in/curl refresher.
    Curly Newbie - possibly 2b
    Started CG method Feb 2016

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file