Newbie here - 2a or 2b?

rolltidewavyrolltidewavy Registered Users Posts: 4
Hey y'all!

So I somehow just realized I have wavy hair - for so long I thought it was straight with a bit of body wave maybe but as it has gotten longer the wave has really come out. Funny part is I love wavy hair but always thought I had to heat style to get there (which I try to avoid as much as possible).

I have made the jump to the CG method to see how it fares on my hair (the no shampoo thing is proving hard for me, as well as the leaving my hair alone till dry thing haha), and even in just a few days, I can see a huge difference with just adding a bit of product and changing up the styling.

However, I am not sure whether I would be classified as a 2a or a 2b - I never dreamed I would fall into anything wavier than a 2a (was originally thinking 1c/2a lol) but I am seeing more and more wave come out. Honestly I thought the change would be less dramatic since my hair was in good shape before CG (virtually no heat styling, weekly deep conditioners, etc). But hey! I'm not complaining :thumbright:

Here is a picture - this is about 90% dry - just with some wella shockwaves gel scrunched through and plopped for 30 minutes. Where would y'all put me and should I expect it to get even curlier as more time goes by?

Comments

• Parisfrance137Parisfrance137 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Looks to me like you're closer to a 2B which is what I have as well.
  • rolltidewavyrolltidewavy Registered Users Posts: 4
    Looks to me like you're closer to a 2B which is what I have as well.
    Thanks so much for responding! I was beginning to think my hair was un-classifiable lol :). Any favorite 2b products I should check out?
  • Parisfrance137Parisfrance137 Registered Users Posts: 23
    I wish I could suggest something for you except I'm dealing with horrible hair at the moment, LOL! I unfortunately have low porosity hair so nothing absorbs easily. Probably the complete opposite of what you have :P
    I wish I could suggest something for you except I'm dealing with horrible hair at the moment, LOL! I unfortunately have low porosity hair so nothing absorbs easily. Probably the complete opposite of what you have :P
    Actually I feel your pain. Low to normal porosity, medium thickness, high density. Water and product run right off my hair :(
  • IllyriaIllyria Registered Users Posts: 14
    Another 2b here! How long have you been CG? Because I've been for about five weeks and it was about three weeks in I saw some real change in my waves. I went from a moderate 2b with quite a few 2a spots to a solid 2b with some real 2c spirals.

And I'd suggest Tresemme Naturals as a conditioner since it's magic at moisturizing my low porosity hair with no weighing down, but it's been discontinued. :crybaby:
    CG since January 15, 2015 (now Mod)

2b, low porosity, medium thickness, medium/high density, low elasticity.

:love4: My hair loves COCONUT OIL :love4:

Illyria wrote: »
    Another 2b here! How long have you been CG? Because I've been for about five weeks and it was about three weeks in I saw some real change in my waves. I went from a moderate 2b with quite a few 2a spots to a solid 2b with some real 2c spirals.

And I'd suggest Tresemme Naturals as a conditioner since it's magic at moisturizing my low porosity hair with no weighing down, but it's been discontinued. :crybaby:
    I have only been doing CG for a week maybe - the picture above was after my very first go with co-washing and scrunching with gel. It would be awesome if it were to get even more curly - fingers crossed, eh?

Bummer about the Tresemme naturals - I am overseas right now, but when I get back stateside in a month or so I will have to see if I can find any bottles. I did do some looking though, and on their facebook page Tresemme says they are discontinuing it in favor of their new Botanique line. The ingredients look pretty similar (still CG friendly I think) except they swapped out the avocado oil and aloe for coconut. Here is a list from What the Kink's Kayla listing all the ingredients from both:

NATURALS: Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Behentrimonium Chloride , Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil , Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Potassium Chloride , Lactic Acid , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG 150 Distearate , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Lauroyl Lysine , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

BOTANIQUE: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

HTH! :)
  • IllyriaIllyria Registered Users Posts: 14
    Do you squish to condish? Actually, I think it was about the time I started doing that was when I saw my first spirals appear.

And glad to see Botanique still has fragrance listed after its beneficial oils and extracts. I'm suspicious of anything that has more fragrance than the good natural oils and etc.
    CG since January 15, 2015 (now Mod)

2b, low porosity, medium thickness, medium/high density, low elasticity.

:love4: My hair loves COCONUT OIL :love4:

• Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Registered Users Posts: 65
    Hey there! I'm a 2a/b myself, so welcome to the club. I love the Botanique conditioner, btw, just to throw in my two cents on that. Squish to condish is another A+. You should check out The Polishd Curl's video on that. And just all of her videos, actually.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file