Hello!+Hair type?

moonliteskyemoonliteskye Posts: 43Registered Users
Hello! I'm new to the forums part of the site! :) Nice to meet you everyone! I'm trying to achieve healthy hair! I'm not super interested in length(even though I'm not opposed to it ofc lol) but I more so want my hair to be healthy.

May I ask, what is my hair type though? I asked this on the q&a part of the site, but didn't get much feedback. I need some opinions. Thanks! The very front of my hair is heat damaged(I suppose) :neutral: Not all of it, but the very middle front. So I'm asking about the texture of the rest.

About my hair: My hair has curl definition when wet and especially when I have conditioner/shampoo in it. But when it dries it shrinks up a lot. When dried, some of it becomes super frizzy. I know my hair is type 4, I just dunno the category.

I wanted to post pictures but I can't since I'm new here. :/

Also, I referred to the hair type page several times. I'm still confused.

EDIT: Updated thread here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/179285-hair-type.html

:)

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! Good to have you on the forum.

I think the best thing to do is to wait until you can post pictures. It's really hard to identify a curl type from words alone. I was going to suggest finding a picture online of hair that looks similar to yours, and then say to post the link, but I don't even know if you're allowed to do that yet. So you may just have to be patient for now. :)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    As stated before, it is a kind of hard to determine your hair type without a picture. If you were to put no products at all, and let it air dry, do you still have curl definition?
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 411Registered Users Curl Novice
    Does your hair have an "s" shape when wet but coils up when dry?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

• africangoddestafricangoddest Posts: 6Registered Users
    My hair does that my hair with be wet and hanging in an s shaped and when it dries it will be coiled in an afro

Sent from my SM-G920V using CurlTalk App
  • moonliteskyemoonliteskye Posts: 43Registered Users
    Yes.
  • moonliteskyemoonliteskye Posts: 43Registered Users
    Me too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file