About to try again.

darkqueenedarkqueene Registered Users Posts: 86
I haven't been on here in a couple of years, since I gave up on CG last time. I don't remember why I did.

My hair in my avi is from about a year ago--a nearly perfect hair day that I can't seem to replicate no matter what I do. I wasn't CG then, either, but it was just luck that it came out that way. I really want it to be that way consistently, so I'm gonna try again.

Right now, my hair is mostly loose waves with spirals underneath. Current products are all Herbal Essence, mostly Totally Twisted with a couple of Tousle Me Softly products.

I think I'm going to start out with what I was using before, as far as conditioners and gel, which was Suave Everlasting Sunshine for co-wash and leave-in, Tresemme Naturals for rinse-out, and Vital Care Mega Hold gel.

I love curl creams, so if anyone knows of one that's CG, not too heavy, not too expensive, and doesn't have coconut (I'm allergic), I'm all ears. :D

Any other tips for someone starting over would be welcome, too.

Thanks!
Mostly 2C (?), fine and thin, high porosity. Dry climate + hard water. :cry:

Started CG 9/6/13 (gave up)

2nd attempt (mod CG) 2/12/16

Shampoo (if I absolutely have to): VO5 Pomegranate & Grapeseed, diluted 1:1
Low poo: NYM Kinky Moves shampoo
CO wash: VO5 Pomegranate & Grapeseed
RO: GFTN
LI: KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, Curls Unleashed jelly, Vital Care Mega Hold gel, NYM Kinky Moves curl creme, HE TT/TMS mousse

Comments

• FerFer Registered Users Posts: 7
    I used L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme, it helps a lot with frizz but my hair felt very stiff :( i couldn't tell if it was because of the cream or the other products i was using.

But i think it's worth the shot, it cost me about $10 and it was CG friendly. It has a lot of good reviews.

Also you should check the ingredients anyway, i don't know if they have changed the formula.
  • darkqueenedarkqueene Registered Users Posts: 86
    Thanks. I tried one of the Loreal ones. EverPure, maybe? Rosemary and mint? I hated it. But I found some things that'll work, I think. Not Your Mother's shampoo is sulfate-free, and I like their curly stuff. And I finally broke down and spent the money on Kinky Curly stuff, too. Here's hoping it works out for me this time.

Sent from my 5054N using CurlTalk App

Stylers: KCCC, Curls Unleashed jelly, Vital Care Mega Hold gel, NYM Kinky Moves curl creme, HE TT/TMS mousse
  • darkqueenedarkqueene Registered Users Posts: 86
    I know it's only been a couple of days, and it's too soon to get excited, but I'm already seeing a difference, and I don't think it's entirely from the cut. The face shot is from last week, and the side view is from today. Much more defined. :D

Sent from my 5054N using CurlTalk App

• FerFer Registered Users Posts: 7
    I am glad you found something that's working :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file