Making A Murderer

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Have you watched? Thoughts? I'm just starting and already so much going on in my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I watched. I also listened to the podcast Rebutting Making A Murderer (worth listening to). Let's talk!

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I've watched the first three.

It's yucky here today and I have a lot of laundry, so may marathon through.

Because of an interview I heard, (I've tried to stay away from anything to do with it) I'm going in thinking he did it, we'll see if the changes!!

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Notes I've been keeping to discuss with Thelio when it's done lol

Thoughts after the first episode...

He was a freaky looking kid, the whole family looks like they walked out of a cornfield somewhere.

Certainly making lots of babies during those jail stints!

He didn't own underwear?!?!

I can't believe how forgiving he is when he gets out for the rape. You would think there would be so much anger, he seemed so at peace though.

I need an app with a spreadsheet of who everyone is....so confused sometimes!

The first case was so messed, I can't believe there is more!

I feel like sentences were way longer then?

EP 2
    Who on earth has a conversation about their death at 31?!?!

8 days searching 😳

Can he not get time served for the first case?

Ep3
    How are the documentary people getting access to everything? The defense attorneys?

Good thing Nancy Grace showed up!

The mail to his family is so awful 😧

Right off the bat they think it's about the money. If he didn't do it (and I think he did) what an awful feeling.

How many times can you say swwwweaty during a press conference?

Brendan's Mom doesn't even question that her kid did it??

Is Brendan's Mom, Steve's sister? Was isn't the Granma visiting Brendan?

Audrey Hepburn
    Brendan's mom is Avery's sister.

I am waiting to say stuff until you are finished.

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't seen the show, but I saw the Dateline episode about Avery, and to a lesser extent, Brendan. Brendan's mom wasn't featured, but Avery's cousin spoke on behalf of the family.

Based on the DNA evidence and his alibi, Avery didn't commit the rape, though he seemed to be a violent and disturbed young man capable of rape. His cousin tried to paint him as a nice guy, but his criminal history contradicted her statements.

I got the feeling he committed the murder, but I don't think Brendan was involved. I wouldn't be surprised if the police department planted evidence because they seemed unprofessional and petty enough to do so. However, it seemed like Avery did something he shouldn't have.

I'll have to start watching the show. My coworker loves it. She is always speaking of how great it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Get on it, MC!!! I'm starting episode 5!

Audrey Hepburn
    Thoughts from Ep4

The family is just so, simple I guess? From the beginning I think things may have gone another way if they had a better idea of what was going on. Especially with Brandon.

Everything is worded so well with Brandon, I feel so bad for him.

"Are you sorry?" "I didn't do anything" "If you're not sorry, I can't help you & you'll spend your life in prison"

Brendan's lawyer is so smarmy! He reminds me of the principal from Forrest Gump.

Can't you just pick a new lawyer? Why does the judge have to approve it?

Audrey Hepburn
  • cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thoughts from Ep4

The family is just so, simple I guess? From the beginning I think things may have gone another way if they had a better idea of what was going on. Especially with Brandon.

Everything is worded so well with Brandon, I feel so bad for him.

"Are you sorry?" "I didn't do anything" "If you're not sorry, I can't help you & you'll spend your life in prison"

Brendan's lawyer is so smarmy! He reminds me of the principal from Forrest Gump.

Can't you just pick a new lawyer? Why does the judge have to approve it?

After all the footage from Brendan's interviews was released, I'm surprised he's still in jail. I'm not a lawyer, I don't work in the court system so take it with a grain of salt, but to me it seems like Brendan's lawyer was unethical and set the kid up.

I think because Brendan had a public defender, so the state was paying for the lawyer not the Dassey's, that's why the judge had final say in his representation. I think..
    I'm not reading any responses, but think I'll finish today lol

1bc16ab9cbc981155b2b5daf0c012362.jpg

Audrey Hepburn
  • LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am on episode 7.
    also listened to the podcast Rebutting Making A Murderer (worth listening to). Let's talk!

I love podcasts, so I am going to definitely listen!
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.
    I just finished 7!

Silly company showed up this afternoon and messed with my day lol

Audrey Hepburn
    Done!!!!!

On the fence about Steven, I don't think Brendan was involved though and my heart is so broken for him. I'm so perplexed how he didn't at the very least get a retrial?

I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast. They painted a very good innocence picture, the other side should be interesting.

The whole thing was like watching a bad movie, just kept waiting for someone to be like this just isn't right. I almost want to watch again now that I know what's gonna happen.

Audrey Hepburn
    PerriP wrote: »
    I watched. I also listened to the podcast Rebutting Making A Murderer (worth listening to). Let's talk!

This one?

a87fb40071811563eac4404e3cbd8c46.jpg

Audrey Hepburn
    Oh never mind, he just said its another one.

Audrey Hepburn
    It was on iHeart, someone at work linked me. It has 10 parts, one for each episode

I found it! The one I pictured above, is the same guy doing an interview about the podcast. He does a 45min or so summary of what he discusses in the 10-part series.

Will start the other tonight!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I don't think he committed the murder......

at least not in the way the police said it did. Doesn't make any sense. I think they planted evidence
    I think there are just far too many factors that involve him for them to have been able to pull off that much of a cover up.

Audrey Hepburn
    After I watched, my thoughts were:

I think that the police handled this really poorly. I think the interrogation of the nephew was appalling.

I also know that Avery set off every alarm bell I have. I trust my gut. Does that mean I think he did it? I don't know. But I know there's more than the documentary told us.

Now:
    I've read several articles now and listened to the podcast and know a lot more. I think something happened (obviously). I would not be surprised if he were involved. I don't think that he has no knowledge.

Things that bug me
    Criminal past that wasn't truly explained in the documentary: pouring oil and gas on a family cat and tossing it in the fire. Exposing himself to a woman and when she told he chased her and drove her off a road and held a gun to her head.

I don't like that Teresa was afraid of him, that he'd come to the door in only a towel previously (especially in light of the exposing himself thing from above)

His ex girlfriend says she ate rat poison to get away from him. (I think she has her own set of issues)

Also apparently much of what brendan told them in the interrogation matched physical evidence.

Rumor of him sexually assaulting brendan and another cousin

So annoyed, the podcast is on iHeartRadio and its not available in Canada :angry7:

Going to see if I can get it to convert on Youtube and listen that way. I spent close to an hour trying to find it last night, it was all just the first few minutes though.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Audrey Hepburn
    the timeline for the molestation didn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he had been in jail (for the rape) at that time
    I read an article debunking the show, but it didn't prove anything to me. I'm not sure if he did it, but if he did, it didn't happen the way the police said it did
    Listening to the podcaast.....

Ep 1
    Well Avery tossed a cat in the fire
    People in the lawsuit weren't interviewed, only his family
    The series didn't mention that Avery asked the woman who accused him of rape for murder

Ep 2
    Well, the other county didn't investigate the call either, so there (claim from man that actually committed the rape)
    Avery asked specifically Auto Trader for Theresa
    Theresa told her boss that she didn't want to back because Avery opened the door in his towel
    Avery used *67 when calling Theresa
    Ep 3
    The people the interviewed about being this being a conspiracy should be ignored because they were are a bar and are just bar flys

He bought handcuffs (which Avery said he was using for kinky sex)

He told other inmates that he wanted to rape and torture women when he got out and even drew diagrams

This pod cast is annoying. Not sure I will be able to listen to the whole thing
    I found the Podcast on Youtube....listening now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNcz7nD7YU
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Things that bug me
    Criminal past that wasn't truly explained in the documentary: pouring oil and gas on a family cat and tossing it in the fire. Exposing himself to a woman and when she told he chased her and drove her off a road and held a gun to her head.

I don't like that Teresa was afraid of him, that he'd come to the door in only a towel previously (especially in light of the exposing himself thing from above)

His ex girlfriend says she ate rat poison to get away from him. (I think she has her own set of issues)

Also apparently much of what brendan told them in the interrogation matched physical evidence.

Rumor of him sexually assaulting brendan and another cousin

I wonder if some of these issues are also why they thought he raped Penny.
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file