Need help please

MegkaylaspencerMegkaylaspencer Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi I'm new to here🙂 I have a problem and I'm not quite sure what to do. Half or my hair is straight (on top) and wavy (underneath) image.jpg

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 603Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi I'm new to here🙂 I have a problem and I'm not quite sure what to do. Half or my hair is straight (on top) and wavy (underneath) image.jpg

Welcome :) . i think you have awesome hair. it might be that your curl pattern is a mix of 2a and 2b.

i am having to grow my hair back. but before i lost almost all length, some of my root areas were similar.
  • MegkaylaspencerMegkaylaspencer Posts: 2Registered Users
    image.jpg this is the top of my hair 🙂
  • MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair is a mix of 2b, 2c, and the ends curl into 3a in spots. Sometimes, my canopy is a 2a as well depending on the time of year and products used.

How long have you been doing CG? Curls will change and clump differently the longer you do CG. Allow the natural oil from your scalp (sebum) to get into the length of your hair. It is nature's best leave-in, gel, hairspray, all-in-one. The key is the find the balance between non-greasy scalp but just enough natural oil left in the length of the hair to encourage clumping and smoothness without weighing the hair. Wash less (2-3 times a week), use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo or co-wash with a short ingredient list conditioner that is CG friendly (I like Oneka brand). I forgo all styling products now for the most part because for my low-porosity hair that is the best thing I ever did, but some people swear by their gels. Styling products are why I had straight hair at my canopy though. It's different for everyone though, and it took a long time for my hair to adjust. At least 6 months to a year for me, and even then all it took was the wrong product to screw it up and have to take another 4-6 weeks to readjust. I do not clarify with sulfates - That really ruins my hair. Just my experience though :)
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file