Help! - HAIR CARE! (2)

Hey Curly Queens!

I have APL 3c hair and last month I decided to get my hair a few highlights to change my look. I knew it would be a challenge to take care of my hair, but I was up for it. I just wanted a change, and I am actually happy with the results (I also got it trimmed). Now, the important part- taking care of my hair. I decided to get more information about every single little thing I should know about hair (or at least, what I think I should know).
The first thing I have done was to check my hair porosity. I have tried a couple of tests before, but totally neglected them (I know, I shouldn't sorry hair) but yeah... I did the tests again, and apparently my hair has low porosity (my hair strand stayed on top of the water, but I don't even know if that's accurate enough) and I find it weird. I have read that for having gone through a color treatment the cuticles should me "more open" (?) so the level of porosity should increase (?) - Ok, I don't know what I'm talking about, if any Queen out there knows all about this, please explain to me.

Also, I tried to stretch one strand and it easily broke (so sad), so it means that it needs more moisture (?) (confirming the low porosity, I believe (?)), anyways... I would also like to know more about protein treatments, if I need to do them, if not... please tell me what you think based on all that info I just gave. I am also looking for new products, treatments, please tell me everything you recommend, any tip is welcome.

I really love taking care of my hair, I love hair basically (lol), I am really committed to it and specially now that I'm trying to grow it out, I will take care of it the best way I can to reach my goals. Please help me!!

Lots of love and thank you so much in advance!

Jozie ;*
3C. APL.
Goal: WL ♥.
ArtLover

Joziie ɞ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file