Drs talking smack...$500K?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Was this offense worth $500,000 iyo? And have you ever experienced any kind of maltreatment from a health professional?

Comments

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    The false diagnosis is definitely worth at least that much!
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yep. Glad he sued.

Their behavior is unprofessional and inexcusable.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think what they did was completely not okay - mostly because:

a. it's just crappy
    b. you don't know what the mind absorbs and you have no idea how this impacted the person on a mental level
    c. so unprofessional
    d. it's a huge violation of trust

If I am put under, I expect to be treated with care - and they trampled all over that - I think they were possibly just "letting off steam" - but there are times and places to do that - but to do that to a person who is AT YOUR MERCY and UNDER YOUR CONTROL... absolutely not okay.

I am not sure if it was worth what he got paid for it, but if it acts as a deterrent to others, then it is well worth it.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There's no nice way to put this, but.....they were working with his anus! What a time to be insulted.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If one of the doctors hadn't falsely diagnosed him with hemorrhoids, I would say he didn't have a case, tjough they were all extremely unprofessional. We all say things we shouldn't, but this seemed to go beyond that. The fact that the doctors were okay with falsifying the man's records means their licenses should be revoked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    When I was on the ship, we had a nurse that would randomly bring up people's stuff in the bar. Nothing medical, but "Oh, I saw in your file you had a tattoo on X"....stuff like that. Not huge, but it was never people who had been into medical, so no reason she should have been reading the file and definitly should have never brought it up.

She got fired for being 10min late to a code Alpha (medical). "But Britney was on tv!!!" Flippen moron 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They should be sued, they should have to pay, and their licenses should be revoked.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never had maltreatment from a med. professional, thank god, but here's something that always tickles my funny bone:
    Before my brain surgery I had to sign a paper saying I was OK with having the surgeon in the room alone with me (it's to avoid accusations of sexual misconduct).

Alone??? There were a dozen doctors, anesthesiologists and nurses swarming around and this surgeon was about to hold his brain in my hand! I wasn't sure I would return to the land of the living and the last thing I worried about was that he would mess around with me! What a world we live in.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think what they did was horrible. But I have had worse done to my mother and can't get an attorney to sue. I don't understand why doctors can act like douchebags and get sued, but they really screw someone up for the rest of their life and nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file