SPINOFF: Any Seinfeld fans here?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Can we chat about the show?!

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No one seems to know what I'm talking about when I refer to George's boss, Art Vandelay of Vandelay Industries, or say "And you want to be my latex salesman."
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    No one seems to know what I'm talking about when I refer to George's boss, Art Vandelay of Vandelay Industries, or say "And you want to be my latex salesman."

Art Vandelay made his first "appearance" in the first episode, The Stake Out. And then turned out to be a real person in the finale!

Latex salesman? Only if I can touch your fabric! LOL George and his crazy career!

The funniest Seinfeld quote was from Elaine in The Pick - "I've seen the nipple on your soul!" buwhahahah

Or when he slept w/ the office housekeeping staff and got caught, "Is that sort of thing frowned upon? i'm sorry but i'm going to have to plead ignorance..." LOL

I LOVED George's parents.
    OMG, and the J. Peterman character!
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I loved George and his parents. Festivus for the rest of us and all of George's crazy jobs. All of the characters had a great chemistry. I still remember when Kramer and George's dad created tge man bra. And I loved Elaine and Puddy. Sometimes I catch myself wondering if a guy is spongeworthy. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    lol we use the spongeworthy joke a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup. I"m a fan. Also loved George's parents. Hilarious. I want his mom's hair.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was a missionary in China for a few years and we had weekly team meetings that were SO boring! We had to take turns talking about how we were doing, how our language classes were going, blah blah blah. So my friend and I would talk in "Seinfeld". "I've had a rough day. First thing this morning I dropped my toothbrush in the toilet".

Has anyone watched Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" on the Crackle channel? Hilarious! George, Elaine, Kramer and Larry David have all been on.
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    Being someone who wasn't even born yet while Seinfeld was going on, I haven't seen many episodes. But one of my teachers is OBSESSED with it. Every time a clip vaguely relates to something we're learning, he'll show it. :laughing6:
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Being someone who wasn't even born yet while Seinfeld was going on, I haven't seen many episodes. But one of my teachers is OBSESSED with it. Every time a clip vaguely relates to something we're learning, he'll show it. :laughing6:

It plays in reruns all of the time. I was a kid when it aired, but it was such a great show that made its way into popular culture. I remember in college thinking of the episode "to use a fork or not to" because people were cutting their pizza and hamburgers with a knife and fork. Lol. It's definitely a show worth watching if you catch a rerun.

3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The shrinkage episode is one of my favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When Elaine says something like "I can't understand how you guys walk around all day with that thing" I just fall on the floor laughing.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users

It plays in reruns all of the time. I was a kid when it aired, but it was such a great show that made its way into popular culture. I remember in college thinking of the episode "to use a fork or not to" because people were cutting their pizza and hamburgers with a knife and fork. Lol. It's definitely a show worth watching if you catch a rerun.

I actually think my mom has the first several seasons of it on DVD. Maybe I should watch it! :)
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I always enjoyed it. I didn't watch it religiously, but anytime it was on. Never saw the finale though. George and Kramer were the best.
    Uncle Leo. Cousin Jeffrey. "He's not that funny."
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry, had to revitalize this thread. I've been away and missed it.
    My favorite Jerry episode is when his penis fights with his brain.
    My favorite Elaine episode is when Puddy has the Fish magnet and she can't believe he's not trying to save her. When she looks at him with her finger horns I cry. But then I also love when her and Puddy keep breaking up and she keeps betting with Jerry.
    My favorite Kramer episode is when he goes commando and Jerry says the line about "thin layer of gaberdine".
    I don't have a favorite George episode because I can't seem to pin just one down. I do like the Frogger episode but its because of the guys that are moving it.
    It's so stupid but I have the DVDs but I never open them. I enjoy stumbling on a favorite episode and watching it, commercials and all. My husband laughs because he'll mention one storyline and I'll tell him what everyone else is doing in that episode. LOVE SEINFELD!!!
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Wavycat wrote: »
    My favorite Jerry episode is when his penis fights with his brain.

The brain helmet and the penis helmet! I loved that. LOL

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No soup for you!

Master of your domain contest
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Me. Me. I'm raising my man hands.
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ohhhh man hands is a good episode. The forbidden kingdom!!
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • CurlyFelineCurlyFeline Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my boyfriend really loves the series. kramer cracked me up everytime.
    kramer really makes the show.
    3A curly (cherub curls)
    fine, med to low density, rather low porosity
    It's a good product.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Any episode with Jerry's parents, just love them! The raincoat episode is my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    One of my favs:

Elaine: "I'm not a lesbian. I hate men, but I'm not a lesbian."

Seinfeld is getting to be so-long-ago now that fewer people get my references.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, and my husband and I will point out who might need a "bro" while we are people-watching. Or, a "manziere" if you prefer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file