Garnier Curl Nourish Line - sulfate free shampoo

Has anyone tried any of the new Garnier products called Curl Nourish? Their shampoo is sulfate free (has a lot of other cleansers though). I will probably be picking some of this up sometime and wondered if there are any opinions yet and how it performs -- they have a shampoo, conditioner (has cones) and a leave-in (cones/mineral oil).
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo
Conditioner - One Condition
Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Comments

• SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    Interesting - I expected it to contain a sulfonate surfactant, but it doesn't. Let us know how you like it! The shampoo is the only thing I'd be likely to use, but I'm pretty happy with my lo-poo, best not to break what isn't broken sometimes LOL
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
    Tried both the shampoo & conditioner the last 2 days and the first day my hair looked great but today I thought it looked a little stringy with second use, not as soft and bouncy, maybe the cone in the conditioner doesn't agree with my hair since I haven't used any in so long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
    Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • CuriousAquariusCuriousAquarius Registered Users Posts: 41
    I tried the conditioner, and I thought it was moisturizing and a little heavy, but very moisturizing. Haven't tried the shampoo and I tried the leave-in butter and it was awful
    Products I use:
    Shampoo: SM JBCO shampoo/ ACV rinses
    Cowash: Taliah Waajad Creamy Cowash
    Conditioner: Giovanni 50:50/ Giovanni Tea Tree
    Leave-in: CJ Curl Assurance/ SM Strengthening Milk
    Deep conditioner: EVA Nye/ ORS Hair Mayo
    Oils: Apricot oil/ Avocado oil/ Coconut oil

Current (working on) Regimen:
    ACV rinses once a month
    SLS shampoo and deep condition once a week
    Protein treatment: 2x a month
    Cowash midweek
    Leave-in + oil everyday
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    tried the shampoo. my hair was squeaky clean (literally) after rinsing it out. However, I noticed I had a little more root volume after using the shampoo. I've only used it once though. Didn't even consider the conditioner because of the size (only 12-13 oz) and cones.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• SugarCanedSugarCaned Registered Users Posts: 15
    Hey, I happened across them too! I am using the shampoo which i really like because it has Cocamindopropul Beatine in the shampoo, and amodimethicone which is easily removed with the CB and seems to provide some nice slip along with the triple oils = LOVE! I'm still working on styling products, however...
    2c - med course - low porosity - low density - BSL
    NP/LP: V05 Kiwi / GF Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish 'poo
    RO: GVP Conditioning balm
    DC/PROTEIN: ApHogee 2 step/ jojoba oil to seal
    OILS: Coconut
    COLOR: Stargazer Plume
    ALLERGIES: avocado, pomegranate
  • sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    I'm 3a high porousity. I'm always looking for moisturizing products. I'm having trouble finding a shampoo I like. I tried Shea Moisture in the raw shea butter moisturizing formula. It left my scalp feeling gunky. Just purchased Shea in the Maruka Honey formula and its not much better.

My hair is also color treated so I look for sulfate free shampoo.

I'm thinking these curly formulas that basically don't contain the traditional cleansing agents don't work for me and I'm thinking of trying this Garnier product. I use their pure clean gel and love it. And their products are so reasonably priced.

Anyone with hair like mine still liking this?
  • BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
    I stopped using it because my hair didn't like the cone but I love Dessert essence mango shampoo & conditioner or the coconut shampoo is very moisturizing as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
    Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    My kiddo seems to love it!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    I've been using the curl nourish shampoo with good results. I decided to try the whole blends olive oil conditioner. Pretty good. Tried the olive oil shampoo. My hair seemed kinda frizzy. Tried it again, being careful to put in plenty of gel. Still not great. Went back to the curl nourish shampoo and saw immediate difference - nice shiny curls.
    I didn't pay much for the olive oil shampoo so I guess I'll just store it or trash it.
    I have another whole blends conditioner in the cabinet I haven't tried yet. Hope that's better than the olive oil shampoo. I don't think I've tried the curl nourish conditioner yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file