Can this be real?

Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Posts: 65Registered Users
I saw an ad for this product and checked it out. What it claims to be able to do seems way too good to be true. I'm real skeptical and it's pretty expensive. I can't even imagine if my hair was that quick and easy. Anybody ever tried this?

HydroHair | Hydrating hair products for curly hair by Jeorge Napoleon

Comments

• CurlySiaCurlySia Posts: 164Registered Users
    I haven't heard of this before. These are the ingredients I found on UrbanOutfitters:

Ingredients: Water (aqua eau), Aloe Vera Gel, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Olive oil, Cetyl esters, Ammonyx Cetac Guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Balm Mint Extract, Hops Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Chamomilla Extract, Rosemary Extract, Yarrow Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Fragrance

Looks like you can get it for $30 here:
    HydroHair

EDIT: never mind that other site is like $9 to ship so it's pretty much the same price as ordering direct. It is a lot for just over 3 oz of product.
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    It looks like it would be a nightmare for my fine whirls - the cetyl esters and the Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride would be enough to give my hair a hissy fit.

If you already know you like these ingredients, you might consider it, but at almost $40 I'd think twice for sure. Seems like an awful lot.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Posts: 65Registered Users
    The claim they are making in that how-to video just seems impossible! It's definitely too much money if it's just like any other product
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,560Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The video with the creator says that massaging the product through the hair is very important, so maybe that is something that would be good to try with your current routine...maybe it would give better results without having to buy a new product.

I know that I have found that if I smooth my hair out in the shower while I apply conditioner, I get less frizz. But I have gotten lazy about flattening my hair out when I apply product once out of the shower. Maybe I need to spend more time working the product into my hair like the videos show; I can always add a little water later if I break up too many clumps.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I agree. I think maybe try the technique. I can't see spending forty dollars on that little amount of product.
  • Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Posts: 65Registered Users
    That's what I was thinking too actually. Maybe some time when I have nowhere to go I'll try that massaging thing with the products I use now. I'll let you know what happens when I get around to it!
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ingredients just don't look a whole lot different from other products. And all those before after are just waves combed out to waves styled. I don't know......
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file