How much would you pay for SuperBowl tickets?

TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I know not everyone here is a sports fan, but I'm curious for those that are..

If I told you I had 2 SuperBowl tickets (face value $1500 each, seats in the 200 level corner) how much would you be willing to pay for them?
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Not a football fan at all, so we'll pretend they are Stanley Cup tickets and the Leafs are playing. If money wasn't an object (which I think for the majority buying tickets that expensive it isn't) I would pay double face value.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Crap!!!!! I just looked online and those seats are going for $4k-$5k :shock:

ETA ~ $10k if they're in 221!!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Only 1500? I'd pay up to a couple grand, maybe more depending on who's playing, seat location and where it's at. Going to a superbowl game is one of my life goals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using CurlTalk App
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gosh!

Clearly, as I am not a sports fan, my input of 2k each is lowballing it.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow.. someone on our internal work "for sale" board is selling tickets in 211 for $7250 each!

Thanks for your input everyone.. trying to decide if it's worth the hassle of buying & reselling

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

You're going to buy them, and resell to make a profit? Not something I can imagine you losing money on, but what are the scalping laws like where you are? Or is it legit to do online?
    Audrey Hepburn
    We did buy and resell them, made a decent profit selling to someone we know (so we didn't jack the price up to ridiculous levels).

Went to a nice steak dinner with the in-laws to celebrate (they are the actual season ticket holders)

That's fun!!! Hope dinner was yummy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    I don't believe in taking advantage too much. Hope you had a great dinner. However, I have a milestone birthday coming up next year and attending a super bowl is on my bucket list! Interestingly, super bowl 2017 is close to where I live. We shall see!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
    There are generally tickets available earlier than the ones we got.. they just keep some in reserve for season ticket holders of the teams that end up going. You'd get them cheaper earlier I'd think.

Just fyi, the cheapest seats available are usually around $850 each (face value).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file