Target has new Shea Moisture available

WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
The new high and low porosity lines are now available on their website and some stores. The also have more skin care products and makeup available.

Let the shopping begin!
2b, 2c,
High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Comments

• CurlySiaCurlySia Registered Users Posts: 164
    I'll admit I've been stalking the website ever since I heard about the new line, so thanks for the heads up!
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    What is the name of the line for low porosity hair??
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna wrote: »
    What is the name of the line for low porosity hair??

Baobab and Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-free (w/spearmint extract and clary sage).

Sent from my SGH-T599 using CurlTalk App
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Registered Users Posts: 236 Curl Neophyte
    One of my local Targets has the Low Porosity(Shea Moisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oil Low Porosity Protein-Free Line), High Porosity (Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Line) and the Peace Rose Oil Complex line for hair and body.

I picked up 2 jars of the Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque after one of my fav YTers reviewed and concluded this masque is better than the Manuka Honey Masque, which is my fav SM masque.

I also picked up the Peace Rose Oil Complex Body Wash, Body Lotion and Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Styling Gel-Cream (for my hair). If you don't like the smell of roses, then steer clear of these products; at least these 2 body products. Once I got accustomed to the smell, it didn't bother me and it definitely faded.

BTW with the Target Cartwheel app, the SheaMoisure products are discounted!

I heard there was also a sighting of a new/exclusive SheaMoisture line at Ulta; Saachi Inchi Oil Omega 3,6,9 Rescue + Repair; a co-wash, masque and a curl defining smoothie. I've not seen any reviews on this yet. But reviews for the Low and High Porosity Lines are all over YT.
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    NYCgirl wrote: »
    I heard there was also a sighting of a new/exclusive SheaMoisture line at Ulta; Saachi Inchi Oil Omega 3,6,9 Rescue + Repair; a co-wash, masque and a curl defining smoothie. I've not seen any reviews on this yet. But reviews for the Low and High Porosity Lines are all over YT.

I haven't been to Ulta yet, but I did see the new products in the weekly ad. I am still waiting for my Target order. I checked today and they don't have the products at my local Target.
    2b, 2c,

Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    The new High and Low Porosity lines are now listed on the Shea Moisture website, so everybody can check out their ingredients.
    2b, 2c,

• KailandKailand Registered Users Posts: 13
    The low porosity line has a super strong smell of spearmint & Clary, it reminds me of Vic's Vapor Rub. The high porosoity masque is AMAZING though! I prefer the high porosity masque (even though my hair is low porosity), it gives me way more moisture than the low-po line! :thumright:
  • 2BeOrNot2B2BeOrNot2B Registered Users Posts: 133
    So much in the beauty industry is marketing nonsense designed to sell products but rarely deliver what they promise. They often can't deliver because consumers have unrealistic expectations.
    I'd like to know what the science is behind the product. What do these products have that make them work for low or high porosity hair?
    What is SM claiming? Does anyone know?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file