Would Be Very Grateful For Thoughts/Advice On This ?

MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
NVM. Goodbye. I will go away now.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    What does your hair have to do with finding a job?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ben? What happened?

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    NVM. Goodbye. I will go away now.

I hope you didn't take my answer as snarky, not how it was meant at all! I just wasn't sure what kind of second job you were looking for that your hair would impact it?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ben, I'm positive no offense was meant. CC is very friendly and helpful.
    When I was new here, I once took offense and was hurt until someone chimed in to explain and it was just a misunderstanding. Why don't you re-post and we'll try to answer your question again.

We like you. Come on back.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Ben, plz don't go away. We are here to help you or at least be a sounding board for you. I had a situation with my hair at my job. When I wouldn't straighten it & would wear it natural, I was told it didn't look professional. Such an insult.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    *tumbleweed*
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Ben, plz don't go away. We are here to help you or at least be a sounding board for you. I had a situation with my hair at my job. When I wouldn't straighten it & would wear it natural, I was told it didn't look professional. Such an insult.

Hi, buddies

I guess my question would be, if my curl pattern isn't really evident till collarbone length hair and I am growing it back..How should I explain in interview/what jobs might be open to hiring me?

like while i am growing it back, would a dog boarding place still maybe be interested in me a few days a week if I show up on time, etc?
    I would imagine that your hair looks much better than you feel it does because of the reasons you cut it.

As long as your hair is clean, brushed/combed and in orderly fashion, it should be irrelevant in your job interview. In fact, I wouldn't mention it because it's not their business and they may be put off by your providing too much personal information.

PerriP wrote: »
    I would imagine that your hair looks much better than you feel it does because of the reasons you cut it.

As long as your hair is clean, brushed/combed and in orderly fashion, it should be irrelevant in your job interview. In fact, I wouldn't mention it because it's not their business and they may be put off by your providing too much personal information.

hi, Perri-pal

so maybe once i have some length back, if i need to use like a headband or something ask then?
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Don't say anything; just keep your hair neat and controlled, whether with a headband, a pony tail, or a man-bun.

Glad you're back :)
    Echoing what Claudine said. Just keep it neat. As it grows if you need a headband or something, then use it (the goal is neat and controlled)

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wouldn't say anything. When I go into job interviews I will straighten my hair. Once I'm hired & have proven myself to be a good employee I let the natural hair out. I wouldn't think a dog boarding place would be picky about your hair.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I agree with what the others have said, so long as you're neat and tidy it shouldn't matter. I think because we battle with our hair so much we attach more importance to it than we maybe should, and certainly more than other people do! I get how you feel though, my hair is half grown out grey atm and I think I'd be stressing out about what to do with it if I had a job interview looming.
    3b in South Australia.
    Thank you for accepting me, buddies.

Hoping with patience, I can let it grow back over the spring.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What does it look like now (without the curl pattern)? Straight? Wavy? Tight afro? Undefined frizz? Not that it matters: just curious. I wouldn't worry unless it's in your eyes.

(Giselle says, "be happy you have hair!":dog: )

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you for accepting me, buddies.

Hoping with patience, I can let it grow back over the spring.

Accepting you? We love you!!!!!! You're an :angel9:
    ^what Claudine said

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file