Share Your Transition in New Documentary Project!

produceorganicproduceorganic Posts: 1Registered Users
Greetings!

I am a documentary filmmaker and fellow natural, based out of Brooklyn, NY. I'm currently producing and directing a documentary on natural hair- specifically on the mass cultural shift among Black women, from relaxed to natural. It is so inspiring and promising to see that there is a safe space for women to share their experiences in this regard. =)

For my film, I have had no trouble casting natural sisters of all hair types and textures, especially since in the last 5-7 years, so many black women have joined the movement and gone natural (woohoo!).

However, I am still seeking a woman who is relaxed and seriously considering going natural, or a woman who is already in transition, but has not yet done the big chop/trimmed the last bit of relaxed hair. In the film, I will be periodically documenting the transitioning process, hair care regimen, and big chop/last little trim.

For this documentary, I am seeking:

-Black woman, any age
-NYC local
-Currently relaxed and seriously considering going natural
Or
-Currently transitioning but has not yet big chopped
-May be reluctant or apprehensive about going natural
-Is willing to document her transition and big chop on film

My hope is that this film will continue to inspire Black women globally to embrace their natural crowns!

If you are, or know someone who may be, interested in participating in this project, please reach out to me here. From there, we can set up correspondence (email, Skype, FaceTime, etc) outside of the forum, so that I can further explain the scope of the film.

Looking forward!

Amy <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file