Hair limp after low-poo

annafergannaferg Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello lovelies!

I'm 6 days into the CG method and I did my first low-poo (devacurl low poo) after the gym yesterday and it resulted in a terrible hair day, my hair was limp and not as curly. Then this morning it's still limp so I wet it and applied shaemoisture hair milk and LA looks gel which worked great for the curliest parts of my hair but then my bangs (the ONLY 2A part of my hair - so frustrating) and the slightly less curly parts look terrible - I bobby pined them back. I thought wetting and reapplying would make it look a little better but no such luck.

Have any wavies had issues low-pooing?

I'm not sure what step to take now - should I do a cowash tomorrow morning?

Comments

  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You mentioned you've only been CG for 6 days. Did you use a clarifying shampoo before starting CG? If not, you may still have buildup residue from your pre-CG products (such as silicones) that low-poos and cowash won't get rid of.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium


    Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

    Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

    CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015
  • annafergannaferg Posts: 3Registered Users
    curlync wrote: »
    You mentioned you've only been CG for 6 days. Did you use a clarifying shampoo before starting CG? If not, you may still have buildup residue from your pre-CG products (such as silicones) that low-poos and cowash won't get rid of.

    I didn't - it's coming in the mail tomorrow. I ordered the Mop Top Clarifying Rescue Treatment. I feel like my hair needs a spa day....
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    annaferg wrote: »
    Hello lovelies!

    I'm 6 days into the CG method and I did my first low-poo (devacurl low poo) after the gym yesterday and it resulted in a terrible hair day, my hair was limp and not as curly. Then this morning it's still limp so I wet it and applied shaemoisture hair milk and LA looks gel which worked great for the curliest parts of my hair but then my bangs (the ONLY 2A part of my hair - so frustrating) and the slightly less curly parts look terrible - I bobby pined them back. I thought wetting and reapplying would make it look a little better but no such luck.

    Have any wavies had issues low-pooing?

    I'm not sure what step to take now - should I do a cowash tomorrow morning?

    hi, and welcome !! :) .

    personally , i can't use Devacurl Low-Poo because it contains glycerin (glycerin can cause some folks frizz or crunchy feeling hair in very low or very high humidity weather).
    and i am also allergic to several things in it such as the Polyquaternium 7& 10 and Glycol.. for me Polyquaterium ingredients also cause severe buildup/weighed down residue.

    i would say maybe, clarify tonight.

    P.S.
    i am currently having to grow my curls and waves back out after getting pressured and shamed into a style that minimized them. i look like a sheared little lamb :( :( .
    but i have been trying to learn more on here to take my mind off that. since thinking about it makes me feel worse till regain enough length.
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    annaferg wrote: »
    curlync wrote: »
    You mentioned you've only been CG for 6 days. Did you use a clarifying shampoo before starting CG? If not, you may still have buildup residue from your pre-CG products (such as silicones) that low-poos and cowash won't get rid of.

    I didn't - it's coming in the mail tomorrow. I ordered the Mop Top Clarifying Rescue Treatment. I feel like my hair needs a spa day....

    I think clarifying should help a lot. I do it very infrequently, but it's definitely necessary when first going CG to remove all the cones from your old products. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it's so limp. Let us know if the clarifying helps once you receive it!
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium


    Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

    Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

    CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    P.S.
    i am currently having to grow my curls and waves back out after getting pressured and shamed into a style that minimized them. i look like a sheared little lamb :( :( .
    but i have been trying to learn more on here to take my mind off that. since thinking about it makes me feel worse till regain enough length.
    z

    I'm so sorry! I hope you get your curls back soon!
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium


    Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

    Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

    CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file