Tried LALSG today...

MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
I was feeling unhappy with all my usual products, and as some here may know, I have been having some eye irritation issues. Anyhow, I checked my product graveyard and decided to try LALSG, since it is so popular here and I have a big bottle.

I am so pleased! I have great curl definition and no crunch. Usually for me to get good definition, I have to settle for some crunch, but not today! Yay! and its inexpensive. I used ONLY the LALSG, no FSG. I will try it again tomorrow.....

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Product graveyard, hee hee. Glad it worked for you. It can be funny how something that we didn't like at one time becomes just the thing at another time. I wish that a person could figure out why...
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    That's great!! What a nice surprise for you. Does it affect your fragrance sensitivity at all?

I love a get-it-done-with-one product. Even better when it's inexpensive!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1, for me I think its three fold: 1. I stopped coloring my hair so the texture is different 2. Its winter here in Wisconsin 3. My hair is shorter than when I used it previously.

YES, Paula, it is great to have one product that works, over and out, available on the ground, cheap! I dont know if the sensitivity is to fragrance. If it is, I am SOL, because there is fragrance in everything. I have been noticing this.
    Oh, I know what you mean - it took me a long time to find a face moisturizer that doesn't irritate my eyes. My hair products don't seem to bother my eyes, but I'm also not in the habit of using anything with a super strong scent.

:thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    What do you use on your face, Paula? lately I have been wondering if my retinol could also be the culprit...its so hard to tease this out, it could be anything...I dont think any of my gels have a strong scent but I am laying off Aveda for a while because of the fragrance...what do you know about eye irritation from sunscreen agents??
    Right now I'm using Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer (SPF 15). Neutrogena had a version I liked better but they discontinued it (of course); this is a close replacement. It leaves me a little greasier than I'd like but isn't too bad and it doesn't bug my eyes. There is a fragrance to it, but apparently it's not one that I'm especially sensitive to.

I am also careful not to apply anything too close to my eyes, sometimes the naturals oils on the skin can get a product to migrate into the eye (no fun). I have somewhat watery eyes and oily lids, which is another reason I don't wear makeup, really. Eye makeup especially, it really bugs me.

I have yet to try out their SPF 30+ formulations but I'd like to find something in a higher SPF since I burn like a champ. I hate testing new things only to find out they don't work well for me.

I don't know too much about sunscreen agents and eye irritations specifically, only that so many put fragrances in to their products to start with. I'm a sun avoider to be sure - I wear a lot of stupid looking hats when I go hiking or am gardening (hair takes a back seat to sun protection LOL) - and as much as I'd like to find a suncreen that is completely zinc or titanium oxide based, my skin reacts to it (itchy itchy itchy) after a couple of uses (bah!). So I end up with something that has a broad spectrum agent such as avobenzone.

The only oxide based one I like so far is something from Proactiv, since I'm already a user. That stuff doesn't seem to irritate me at all, but since it is a little pricey it's not my everyday go-to.

Yes, this could be a thread in of itself...I hate greasy or oily product. I have tried several from (interestingly!) Paula's Choice (yes that is the company name)...but one I had a reaction to. Today I tried another, and it seems to be OK. Still having some eye issues, though..
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    What is LALSG? I couldn't find it in the usual list of acronyms.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    LA Looks Sport Gel, Curly Pearl! I am loving this gel! dont know what went wrong when I tried it before but it is GREAT!
    Myrna wrote: »
    Yes, this could be a thread in of itself...I hate greasy or oily product. I have tried several from (interestingly!) Paula's Choice (yes that is the company name)...but one I had a reaction to. Today I tried another, and it seems to be OK. Still having some eye issues, though..

Myrna, I hope you can get that resolved! I hate it when my eyes bother me, I guess I go out of my way to treat them well....

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I feel your pain. Can't use almost any commercial products due to chemicals/fragrance allergies. And they never label the chemical components of said fragrances which leaves you SOL. What I use on my face which works really well (and doesn't cause irritation) is greensations wrinkle butter, fermented rice water (homemade), vit c serum (homemade, but that could irritate depending on how strong you make it) . I'm so curious about LALSG but am weary of potential allergic reactions to it.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file