Veggie burgers

StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,149Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Does anyone have a recipes for a veggie burger that's quite firm and doesn't go all soft and squishy when it's cooked? Any kind really, so long as it doesn't have mushrooms.
TIA.
3b in South Australia.

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh! I just made some super easy black beans burgers this week. I will PM the recipe as soon as I get to work.

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,149Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, pm'd you.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I have a black bean burger recipe at home that my cousins girlfriend makes. Its amazing, like meat eaters will eat them over meat ones amazing! Will post a pic when I get home.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Thank you.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    c029fd3dfb1da9dfa137469d0335b4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I don't think the pic is working, this is the link.

http://flavorappraiser.com/recipes/homemade-black-bean-burgers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audrey Hepburn
    I made these last night cc - very nice too. They held together ok but were a bit soft, I think I didn't get enough water out so will try again at some point.

PerriP - do you think I could substitute peanut butter or tahini for the mustard? I'm trying to think of something of a similar consistency but fear I'm failing miserably!
    3b in South Australia.
    I'd try tahini over pb. What about more ketchup or possibly some tomato paste? Do you think yogurt would work? Hummus?

I thought about just using more tomato sauce then wondered about barbecue sauce, thought it might be a bit runny though. I might try tahini.
    3b in South Australia.
    Oh bbq sauce would work and if it gets too runny add more oats

Good point. I think I'll try that, the flavour should work ok.
    3b in South Australia.
    What about a brown sauce? HP or something like that?

The bbq sauce I have is pretty similar to HP so that's what I'll try. I'm going to give them a try later in the week (got to leave a bit of time between new recipes or they get annoyed with me experimenting on them!)
    3b in South Australia.
    Finally got round to trying these on Monday and pleased to say they were considered a hit. I used the bbq sauce and they held together fine. Thanks again (and to the HH).
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm really glad!

I've made them a few times now and really like them (I also appreciate that they are easy to make). I made a variation this week using kidney beans, corn and bell pepper, mixed with water and taco seasoning. They were okay, but I think I will stick with the black bean burgers.

• GiftedGirlGiftedGirl Posts: 12Registered Users
    #CurlyCanadian

it looks sooo yummy :)
    will try it today

thanks
    Audrey Hepburn
    Hmm, so they do. Easy too, always a plus.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Ethel_CookEthel_Cook Posts: 49Registered Users
    Veggie!!?? So, is it delicious? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file