Farewell, David Bowie

DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Apparantly he was battling cancer for 18 months. He passed away yesterday.

One of my all time favourite musicians. :cry:

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    R.I.P. David Bowie. But I never wave bye bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This made me really sad. He was a musical and public relations genius. He seems like he would be a cool person to know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    : (
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    R.I.P
    Very sad news.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    So sad :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A sad day for music.
    3b in South Australia.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And now I find out Alan Rickman died too.

Seriously, 2016, you can stop now. :angry7:
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Natalie Cole kicked it off on New Year's Day. It's sad when they die so close together.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Lemmy, Natalie, Bowie, Rickman. Ok it can stop for awhile, please. : (
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Rene Angelil just passed away. I feel they have been through so much, so very sad for her :(
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    So far it has been Natalie Cole, Pat Harrington, David Bowie, and now Alan Rickman and we are only 15 days into the new year. All of these losses have strangely had an impact on me. I grew up watching Pat Harrington on "One Day At A Time", Introduced to Alan Rickman in 1988 with "Die Hard" on through Professor Snape. The incomparable David Bowie also from my childhood. Natalie Cole was an inspiration.

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
    Oh yes, Rene. My sincere condolences to Iman and Céline. They lost the loves of their life.

event.png
    juanab wrote: »
    Oh yes, Rene. My sincere condolences to Iman and Céline. They lost the loves of their life.

I just read her brother has just been diagnosed with cancer and doesn't have long (the headline said hours, not sure how factual that is). So heartbroken :(
    Audrey Hepburn
    I just saw that. So sad.

event.png
    Oh my goodness! Dan Haggerty aka Grizzly Adams has died of cancer.

event.png
    Just saw that on the news, all too sad.
    3b in South Australia.
    juanab wrote: »

I just read her brother has just been diagnosed with cancer and doesn't have long (the headline said hours, not sure how factual that is). So heartbroken :(

Sadly pretty accurate. I can't imagine what she's going through.
    3b in South Australia.
    Unfortunately, Céline's brother has died. My heart goes out to her and her family.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file