Got the best compliment on my graying hair!

SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
I figure you gals will appreciate this story, so I'll share...

I've never dyed my hair, it's a charming shade of mouse-brown and my grays come in big crazy streaks, mostly at my temples (think: Bride of Frankenstein when it's pulled back and frames my face and washes me out when it's down) and there's this horrible patch at the back of my head that behaves nothing like the rest of it (I have a severely mixed curl pattern to start with). So, I'm too cheap and lazy to dye it, and I don't always have love for it. :tongue5:

I was over at my church yesterday, and this lovely new receptionist that we have (whose silvers are stunning and naturally straight, she's really beautiful!) told me that she always loves to see my hair, loves the cut, the curls, and the color (!!). I've never, I mean never, had anyone say that the color of my hair was nice. So, she made my day.

It must have been a good hair day, my husband also mentioned last night that my hair looked good. I've been rocking kind of a wild look and not caring about it much, I wonder if that's the secret?? ;-)

Anyway, let your streaky grays grow in, fly that flag high! Someone out there thinks it's great even if we don't LOL
Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
:thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    Great story!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    What a lovely thing to hear!

I can only dream of such compliments, the best I've had so far is "it'll probably look ok when it's all grown out", lol!
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file