need new lip gloss

countrygirl75countrygirl75 Registered Users Posts: 46 Curl Neophyte
I used to have a fav. lip gloss, but it's no longer being made.
I have tried several different brands from the drugstores with no success. They all seem to be way to shiny and/or sticky. And the color is not very strong.
Any recommendations would be helpful. I would love something that is moisturizing, good amount of color and little shine without being sticky. My favorite colors are usually the berries/plums.
2b or 2c, Fine, Thick, Low Porosity

shoulder length, flat on top, waves to curls through the bottom half with better curls underneath

Currently using- DevaCurl Lo-Poo, One Conditioner, and AnGel

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Country girl, are you near a Sephora? That's probably the best place to test out lip glosses. You can try many different brands on your hand or a tissue to check the consistency. If you are not near a Sephora, you can try some of the counters at any department store.

Another way you might get some good ideas is to go to the website makeupalley.com. There you can read many reviews of different glosses which will give you good suggestions.

I'm not suggesting a particular brand, because it is very individual and the prices vary wildly, but perhaps others will chime in with more concrete suggestions. I'd be interested to know what you pick so if you find a brand you really like, please post back.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    If you have an Ulta near you, Lipstick Queen has a new collection of lip glosses called Seven Deadly Sins. I'm thinking Vanity sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I picked it up recently because I was so impressed with the look and feel. Not sticky at all- feels more like a lip balm but has really good color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • alva114alva114 Registered Users Posts: 6
    lipstick???
  • countrygirl75countrygirl75 Registered Users Posts: 46 Curl Neophyte
    Update!

I have been looking and finally found something I like.
    Went to Ulta the other day and got

BareMinerals Moxie Buttercream Lip Gloss
    "Moody Berry"

My only complaint is the brush they use. Don't like the contoured shape.
    2b or 2c, Fine, Thick, Low Porosity

shoulder length, flat on top, waves to curls through the bottom half with better curls underneath

Currently using- DevaCurl Lo-Poo, One Conditioner, and AnGel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file