Runner's knee

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
Anyone ever had runner's knee? I don't run, but I was walking vigorously and unfortunately most of it was on pavement. Now I have "runner's knee" which is pain in the patella part of the knee (front and side).

If you've had it how did you deal with it? I've read up on the web and it is very difficult to treat or to cure. Drs. and physical therapists don't have any good treatment. Fortunately, it's not a serious or horribly painful condition, but it does interfere a lot with everyday activities not to mention exercising. Today is the first day I can walk beyond a shuffle. A week ago I had to crawl from one room of my apt. to another.

I am VERY grateful that I don't have something a lot worse, and I keep that in mind.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    hope knee heals soon, curlypearl-buddy.

maybe a good brace would help?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks so much for responding MorrisonFan91. You're probably right - that may be the only thing that helps. I'm trying to avoid going to a dr. because of the $ and also, I see so many drs. for other stuff (had brain tumor a while back) but I may have to bite the bullet.

Grrrrr! I'd so much rather spend money on fun! :icescream:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    Look into KT Tape. Here's a video on how you'd apply it for runner's knee

I can get KT tape at CVS or sports stores. It's pricey but it's good.

https://youtu.be/Po0LAGaK9TQ

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    Perri - that's wonderful! I'm definitely looking into that. Thanks so much - great video. {{{Perri}}} :thumright::thumright::thumright::salut::salut::salut:
    Turned out to be a soft tissue injury, not runner's knee. I had a cute dr. examine me. Silver lining in the clouds. :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file