Curly in Hong Kong

SuzySuSuzySu Registered Users Posts: 5
As the title suggests I'm a curly living in Hong Kong. There are virtually no natural curlies in HK so finding a hairdresser who understands 'Western' (never mind curly) hair is nearly impossible.

I chemically-straightened my 2c/3a (I think!) hair about 4 times over the space of a year, until eventually it looked like straw so I went for the BC in July. Since then I've had it trimmed every 6 weeks or so and have now decided to grow it out. So...I've ordered some new KC products and once they arrive I'll be going all out to embrace and look after my curls.

Next step for me...read through the articles here and learn the dos and donts of being a curly-girl 😊

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, Hi - Suzy Su! It's exciting that we have curlies from all over the world on this website.

I'm also a 2c-3a curly girl and one thing I have to do is have my hair pretty sopping wet when I put in the products and wait to begin diffusing until the curls "find" each other. In other words, I can't towel (or cotton shirt) dry it and diffuse until after a while when the curls have begun to form. It may help you a lot to watch some youtube videos. Good luck with everything you try! I hope you post back and let us know what works for you.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • princessmaneprincessmane Registered Users Posts: 1
    I know exactly how you feel. I moved to the Pacific West coast and literally found zero hair stylists that are competent in cutting curly/wavy hair. I've had plenty of misfortunes and have ended up learning to cut my own hair and also most recently bought one of those "hair rulers" and having my partner cut it with an electric razor. Maybe that could be an option for you as well? I wish I had more advice to give up, but I'm at a loss as well....
    Keep fighting! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file