I can't identify 4a. Help?

Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Posts: 74Registered Users
Not that it matters, I just see conflicting info and want to understand. I understand 4b and 4c. But I've seen 4a compared to both a crochet needle (hook?) and toothpick. So I confuse 3c & 4a sometimes. So what would you call this? I've seen hair like this called type 3 and type 4. I think she's type 4. Am I wrong? This isn't me.

http://tinypic.com/r/ngek5j/9

ngek5j.png

Comments

• CurlySiaCurlySia Posts: 164Registered Users
    She could be a combo. I have type 3 curls on the sides and back of my head and all the rest is a range of 4, with the kinkiest at the crown.
    4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
    washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
    leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
    styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
    sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 410Registered Users Curl Novice
    It looks like 4a to me because of the size and tightness of the curl. We get confused because 4a can sometimes look like 3c as it gets longer.
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2013
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file