Haircut question?

ginabean98ginabean98 Registered Users Posts: 197
Okay so I have 2c/3a hair. I've gotten 2 Deva Cuts but haven't noticed any sort of drastic difference between a normal, wet cut and a Deva Cut. I'm broke and don't have any money to spare for even an inexpensive haircut. I probably straighten my hair once a year, if that, and right now my hair is straight. My layers are very easily distinguishable when straight- I could easily grab the top layer and cut an inch or so, then the second layer an inch, then the bottom an inch, like that. I wouldn't be dramatically re-shaping, just trimming the existing shape/ layers. Is cutting my hair when straight a horrible idea?
2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair :queen:
Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before
:sunny:
GOD really loves you. ∞
HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
*I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
:cat:

Comments

• russianprncssrussianprncss Registered Users Posts: 450 Curl Neophyte
    I wouldn't just because your hair lays differently naturally on your head when it's straight. However, if you buy Lorraine Massey's The Curly Girl Handbook, she has some great tips on how to cut your own hair. I, myself, prefer the Ouidad cuts, but those are spendy, too. Check out the book though. It's got a lot of good tips!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    I've gotten wet cuts and Deva cuts and it seems the wet cuts are better. I've told the stylist not to mess with my wave pattern.

I'm a bonafied wavy and I think it doesn't matter between a wet or Deva cut as long as the stylist knows not to mess with your waves.
  • ExpectoPatronumExpectoPatronum Registered Users Posts: 143
    I don't see a harm in dusting minuscule amounts of hair off your own ends, but if you want something anymore than say, a quarter of an inch, I'd go find a stylist to give you a wet trim. You can ask around and see who could give you a decent trim for a decent price. If you can't afford a trim now, I'd wait until you can. I speak from experience as tried trimming my own hair to save money and ended up hating it. It would have been better off letting it go longer until I could afford a trim rather than just trying to DIY it. You might have better luck trimming your own hair than I did, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the risk. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    :color: HAIR STATS & ROUTINE :color:
    2c/3a--medium porosity--medium density--medium/coarse
    Cleansers: Shea Moisture Scalp Detox Shampoo, wash ~2x a week
    Conditioners: Cantu Hydrating Cream Conditioner (RO,HG!)
    Stylings: SM Curl and Style Milk (HG), Camille Rose Curl Maker (HG!)
    SOTC: SM Curl and Style Milk
    Oils: Coconut
    Working with waves since April 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file