New Shea Moisture products...anyone?

MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
I was in Walgreens yesterday and I see there are new SM product, including a whole new line. They have added to the 10 in 1 line; now the "lightweight" line (that WAS an Ulta exclusive) is there, and that includes a mousse for fine or wavy hair; and there is also a line for thick wavy hair...oh I tell you I had to resist hard...My name is Myrna and I am a product junkie...I am powerless over my addiction...only a higher power will restore me to sanity...:)

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    The only thing stopping me from buying the mousse is that it has glycerin. Otherwise I would have to find an excuse to stop at Walgreens and check this out! :) I'm still considering buying the Fruit Fusion shampoo. I've heard so many good things about it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me from buying the mousse is that it has glycerin. Otherwise I would have to find an excuse to stop at Walgreens and check this out! :) I'm still considering buying the Fruit Fusion shampoo. I've heard so many good things about it.

I'm afraid to try SM because the last time I tried it for a protein treatment my hair got over conditioned.
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    Which one is the fruit fusion, is that the 10 in 1? I have that and love it, if it is...its my go to shampoo.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I think the Fruit Fusion is its own line. SM calls the Fruit Fusion products "weightless." It's not the same thing as the 10-in-1. I have the 10-in-1 conditioner and actually don't care for it. I think my hair hates the cellulose stuff that's in there (hydroxyethylcellulose or something...too lazy to look it up). It makes my hair really, really dry. The Giovanni LA Naturals gel, which has the same ingredient in it, does the same thing, which is how I figured out what the culprit most likely is.

Macher, the SM Fruit Fusion line is supposed to be really lightweight, so I doubt your hair would get overconditioned from it, unless your hair is reacting specifically to shea butter.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    There isn't shea butter in the FF shampoo; I think it was a different component of shea (oil? can't remember). My hair gets weighed down and over conditioned easily, but the FF shampoo is great in my hair. The other SM lines (the non FF products) are heavy.

Hydroxyethylcellulose doesn't bother my hair, but the Giovanni LA Naturals thickening gel made my hair dry/hard, so there may be another culprit in there.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file