Hello! :)

katia_kaykatia_kay Registered Users Posts: 20
Hello all,

I've seen articles from this site before, but in a post end-of-semester vast expanse of freetime, I got sucked into an NC black hole and have yet to emerge. :)

I have wavy/curly 2C/3A hair, low porosity, high density (if I'm figuring out all this stuff correctly). I have fine hair that does *not* struggle with volume, but does seem to be of two minds whether it's greasy or dry on any given day. It's BSL, and I'd really like to get it at least close to waist-length...but it also breaks if you look at it. So we'll see.

I sort of started doing a low maintenance CG, but couldn't do the cowashing. The build up was insane, and I was a big grease ball after the first few washes. So I'm using sulfate-free shampoos and deep conditioners, and slowly trying to figure out which products work. Haven't yet found a curl cream that doesn't also create the grease effect, but hopefully enough time on here will lead to something amazing.

Anyway, this place is great, and I look forward to hanging around here. :)

Kat

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    katia_kay wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've seen articles from this site before, but in a post end-of-semester vast expanse of freetime, I got sucked into an NC black hole and have yet to emerge. :)

I have wavy/curly 2C/3A hair, low porosity, high density (if I'm figuring out all this stuff correctly). I have fine hair that does *not* struggle with volume, but does seem to be of two minds whether it's greasy or dry on any given day. It's BSL, and I'd really like to get it at least close to waist-length...but it also breaks if you look at it. So we'll see.

I sort of started doing a low maintenance CG, but couldn't do the cowashing. The build up was insane, and I was a big grease ball after the first few washes. So I'm using sulfate-free shampoos and deep conditioners, and slowly trying to figure out which products work. Haven't yet found a curl cream that doesn't also create the grease effect, but hopefully enough time on here will lead to something amazing.

Anyway, this place is great, and I look forward to hanging around here. :)

Kat

welcome :) .

i am a guy but having to regrow my curls and waves after being pressured/shamed and getting shorn.

i think when my hair is longer, it has similar properties to your's as far as co-washing being too heavy/ low porosity related.

my current new goal length is top of collarbone/just above shoulderblades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file