Saint West!

claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There was speculation on one of our local radio stations that his name would be Jesus West, so Saint isn't bad by comparison.

Kids of celebrities that end up with not "normal" names along with parents so incredibly eager for the lime light must be under such a lot of pressure. What if he or she wanted to be an antique dealer or an accountant or a plumber? It would be really hard for a kid born into that situation to be able to forge their own path in life.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Can you imagine how the family would react if little Saint wanted to be something so useful as a plumber?
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I heard this on the news going home from work this morning, poor child. Mind you, I was quite pleased that I actually didn't know she was pregnant, seems we generally can't get away from them these days so it was nice to realise I had managed to miss this particular snippet of information.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Going with the whole directional theme, I kinda hoped they would name him Easton. Love that name!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Going with the whole directional theme, I kinda hoped they would name him Easton. Love that name!

I read that she liked that but Kanye said no. And because I read it on the internet, I'm sure it's true. :)
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    For sure!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • BOBBOB Posts: 16Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    and the parents will raise him with their moral compass
    lol Well played!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't think there's anything wrong w/ the name but it's not something I would have imagined them naming him. Santo (male) and Santa (female) are somewhat common names in Italian, meaning "saint." Strikes me as a little feminine-sounding, rhyming w/ quaint and daint. But it's OK I guess.

eta - Catholics usually refer to a saint is a canonized, deceased believer who demonstrated some kind of miracle thru the power of the Holy Spirit. But some non-Catholic Christians believe a saint is just anyone who accepts Jesus as the Savior.

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's a stranger name but not as strange as it coukd be considering the parents. Nowadays, most children have strange names so Saint should be okay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think there's anything wrong w/ the name but it's not something I would have imagined them naming him. Santo (male) and Santa (female) are somewhat common names in Italian, meaning "saint." Strikes me as a little feminine-sounding, rhyming w/ quaint and daint. But it's OK I guess.

eta - Catholics usually refer to a saint is a canonized, deceased believer who demonstrated some kind of miracle thru the power of the Holy Spirit. But some non-Catholic Christians believe a saint is just anyone who accepts Jesus as the Savior.

I always felt this was the universal belief, but perhaps not. However, I'm sure the child will have to have some kind of power to be raised around egos like that of his parents and still turn out a humble, decent person.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sounds like it should be a place...Saint West Hospital or Saint West College.
  • wavypenwavypen Posts: 253Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did not know they had another kid. The name could be worse, I would have expected something much more ridiculous. I read on the Internet (the most reliable source ever) that Anna Wintour trolled them into naming the other kid North West which makes me laugh and also seems like something Anna Wintour would do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file