New piercings + CG = infection?

yakottayakotta Posts: 41Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey curlies! I'm thinking about getting my cartilage pierced (double helix) and I'm wondering if the fact that I don't use shampoo might up my chances of the area getting infected. I clarify with ACV as needed, and co-wash mostly every night. Does this leave much bacteria in my hair that could easily infect a new piercing? Or is it about the same risk as shampooing daily?

I know this might be kind of a durrrr question, but I have an incredibly vivid imagination when it comes to imagining worst-case scenarios :D

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Simply wash the area of the piercing regularly e.g. twice a day.

Curly girl doesn't mean your hair is any dirtier.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wouldn't think that co-washing would cause any more problems than regular shampooing. But to be sure, I would call the place where you might want to get the piercing done and ask them. That will put your mind at ease. (I am good at visualizing worst-case scenarios too!)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    It's funny that you ask that. I have never had an issue with piercings and few years ago (probably around the time I started co-washing) my industrial piercing became infected and I developed a keloid and then shortly after that I had my tragus pierced and I was scared the same thing was happening so I removed it. The two could be completely unrelated and it's probably just my body changing on me but I never considered the possibility of them being related.
    3b/3c
    Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
    CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI: GDLI
    Styler: KCCC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file