CurlTalk

Have I lost my Curls ?

SusitaSusita Posts: 9Registered Users
Hi! My name is Susy, I'm transitioning since july2015, I started transitioning with a pixie relaxed hair, from 2 years of damage hair. Now I have curls type 3A, my natural hair is a type 3b, I actualy like how my hair looks after a co-wash, with the 3A curls and the wavy hair mixed in every part of my head, I thinks looks kind of cool. BUT I don't have 2days AT ALL, like for nothing in this world, I bought a Satin pillow but every day is the same, I WAKE UP WITH STRAIGHT HAIR THE NEXT DAY and curly hair just in the top and the fringe. I have lost my hair? I'ts part of the process of transitioning? my hair still damage and with the brasilian keratine? :thumbdown: :shaking:

Comments

• louise_mclouise_mc Posts: 6Registered Users
    My hair is very different to yours and this is only day 2 of CG for me but... I also woke up with pretty straight hair this morning. So I mixed a spray bottle of half silicone free conditioner and half mineral water and saturated my hair. Then I scrunched and left it to dry. My curl waves are back - BIG TIME :D
    Lorraine Massey recommends this to refresh curls. May be you just haven't got enough moisture in your hair.
    Curly Newbie - possibly 2b
    Started CG method Feb 2016
  • Snash14Snash14 Posts: 9Registered Users
    Is your hair long enough to do a pineapple when you sleep? That'll preserve the curls at the ends and you can use a spray bottle and your cream/butter/gel/whatever to refresh those. I'm sure that damaged hair plays a part in this but I don't think that is the main cause.
    Mixed 2C/3A curls
    Low porosity, high thickness and density
    Last Haircut: 2/15/16

Shampoo
    SM Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention
    SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine

Conditioner
    SM African Black Soap Dandruff Control
    SM Raw Shea Butter Restorative

Other
    SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie (diluted)
    Apple Cider Vinegar (clarifying)
  • SusitaSusita Posts: 9Registered Users
    louise_mc wrote: »
    My hair is very different to yours and this is only day 2 of CG for me but... I also woke up with pretty straight hair this morning. So I mixed a spray bottle of half silicone free conditioner and half mineral water and saturated my hair. Then I scrunched and left it to dry. My curl waves are back - BIG TIME :D
    Lorraine Massey recommends this to refresh curls. May be you just haven't got enough moisture in your hair.

GREAT TIP !!! :icescream:
  • SusitaSusita Posts: 9Registered Users
    Actually my hair has improve A LOT since December. But I´m in middle of the summer so it's really hot down here and I'm keep it short and don't have lenght for a pineapple thing, but I love the reply!! A LOT!