Jessicurl Cleansing Cream question.

I'm washing my hair with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream. Do I need to wash with a sulphate free 'proper' shampoo ever 10-14 days or is there no need as the Jessicurl has sufficient cleansing properties?

Comments

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It has cocamidopropyl betaine in it, so will remove cones. However, you may need an occasional shampoo with an olefin sulfonate if you end up with buildup from the guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride and the behentrimonium chloride the cleansing cream contains.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using CurlTalk App
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • Mandy.HarwooMandy.Harwoo Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you so much for your reply and very helpful advice.

So I need to track down a shampoo with an olefin sulfonate but WITHOUT sulphates. Probably easier said than done here in the UK but I'll start looking.

Many thanks x
  • mbeckhhpmbeckhhp Posts: 155Registered Users Curl Novice
    Greta advice, G_C..thanks. What you think of curl junkies,Daily Fix?aside from the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey
    • Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,, Condish Peter Lamas volumizing(rice protein) mixed w CJ smoothing,orGiovanni 50/50,or Eulasense balanced moisture. Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*, KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.mixed w Pattern Pusha.FOTE on dry. SOTC :1 drop meadowfoam oil.DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek,CJ repair me.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 511Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    edited February 19
    @mbeckhhp

The advice wasn't good. Neither of Jessicurl's cleansers remove silicone! Daily Fix also does not remove silicone.  The  cleansing agents in all of these are gentle sulfate free cleansers. (I just looked cleansing agents  individually last week when searching for a new shampoo). 

As long as you are not using products with silicone you don't technically need a sulfate shampoo, so any of Jessicurl or Curl Junkie cleanser is fine on it's own.   But, you might find your hair is happier if you add a sulfate shampoo to your routine.  You just have to experiment to find out. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file