My cut is growing out and isn't looking good

machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Posted about my cut from an Aveda salon. As I said the stylist trimmed my ends and layers with a razor scissor. She asked me if it was ok before she did it cause I told her no razor or thinning stuff. She strongly suggested it and said it wouldn't mess up my hair and that it would add some texture.

Anyway the cut looked great! However I'm noticing that my lot of my ends are sort of split as my hair is growing out.

Could this be happening as a result of the razor scissor?

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    macher wrote: »
    Posted about my cut from an Aveda salon. As I said the stylist trimmed my ends and layers with a razor scissor. She asked me if it was ok before she did it cause I told her no razor or thinning stuff. She strongly suggested it and said it wouldn't mess up my hair and that it would add some texture.

Anyway the cut looked great! However I'm noticing that my lot of my ends are sort of split as my hair is growing out.

Yes, unfortunately. I would never let a stylist near me who said "it wouldn't mess up my hair and it would add some texture." That's a load of crap. Using a razor or a scissor as a razor is asking for frizz and damaged ends. Unfortunately you're just going to have to cut those bad ends off, either now or down the road.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    eche428 wrote: »

Yes, unfortunately. I would never let a stylist near me who said "it wouldn't mess up my hair and it would add some texture." That's a load of crap. Using a razor or a scissor as a razor is asking for frizz and damaged ends. Unfortunately you're just going to have to cut those bad ends off, either now or down the road.

She only used it on the ends. Anyway my hair is at shoulder length and looking to get it cut to close to collar length that looks like it will take a good 2 inches off. Hopefully my hair gets more bounce as my hair this long is becoming unmanageable. Felt like that before the cut but didn't want length cut off. Now it's time.

Any suggestions? Can't remember how my waves looked when my hair was shorter. I know my hair always had volume and body.
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    I just cut my hair back from shoulder length to just below chin length when dry - and I'm so glad I did. My hair is a lot bouncier, I can run a comb through it and have it spring back for the most part, tuck it behind my ears and have the cute curly ends poking out all over the place (but in a good way - my hair looks great like that).

The curls are holding better, the waves look neat if I am wearing it more wavy than spirally, the length is gone and the ends don't wrap themselves around each other and drag themselves down - lots more body and bounce.

The only thing that suffers at this length are the straight bits at the nape of my neck - they will require more maintenance moving forward - but I am likely starting a new job in the new year and need less overall fuss (and this will do it for me). But not everyone has the multiple textures that I do.

I probably had a good 1.5-2" cut off. I am going to keep it at this length for a while, I am so done with longer hair.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    SpiralHam wrote: »
    I just cut my hair back from shoulder length to just below chin length when dry - and I'm so glad I did. My hair is a lot bouncier, I can run a comb through it and have it spring back for the most part, tuck it behind my ears and have the cute curly ends poking out all over the place (but in a good way - my hair looks great like that).

The curls are holding better, the waves look neat if I am wearing it more wavy than spirally, the length is gone and the ends don't wrap themselves around each other and drag themselves down - lots more body and bounce.

The only thing that suffers at this length are the straight bits at the nape of my neck - they will require more maintenance moving forward - but I am likely starting a new job in the new year and need less overall fuss (and this will do it for me). But not everyone has the multiple textures that I do.

I probably had a good 1.5-2" cut off. I am going to keep it at this length for a while, I am so done with longer hair.

Yea my hair is shoulder length maybe a little past and I'm getting tired of it. I might take off a good couple inches myself.
    eche428 wrote: »

Now that my hair has grown out some it looks like the pre cut. I would never let a stylist slice or use a razor along the length of my hair and I'm glad she only used on the ends. Still going to get a couple inches cut and layers. My hair is pretty much one length.
  • ashleysummerashleysummer Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just don`t upset yourself! Being in your shoes, I can understand your state. I just changed my hairstyle to this one
    13-cute-blonde-TWA-hairstyle.jpg
    Downloaded via therighthairstyles.com
    It looks well, even when it grows out.
    My new cut is growing out great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file