2b/c type closer to a 2c help

Hi did the hair type test it looks like I'm a 2b/c hair type probably closer to a 2c. My hair I would say is somewhat thick and can get a lot of body. My stylist says my hair is normal porosity on most of my hair but is low on the roots whatever that means.

I purchased the curly girl book a couple of months ago and been doing what is suggested and using the products that are suggested.

I'm having some problems though. First my hair gets dried out pretty quick. My hair looks good when I wash or refresh but as soon as I go outside looks like it dries out fast. Second my hair has been getting pretty stringy and greasy not clumpy especially when I refresh the next day. Last like I said my hair looks ok after I wash it but I notice a lot of frizzy baby type hair sticking out.

From doing some reading and research maybe my hair needs more moisture and some protein? But that doesn't seem to work.

My routine is using Deva low poo, conditioner. As suggested I leave in some of the conditioner. Then when my hair is soaking wet in the shower I add about a quarter size of curl enhancer and scrunch that it. Then I add some gel and scrunch it in and I hear the squishing sound as the videos from the curly book said. I let it air dry.

The next day I use a spray bottle to wet may hair and apply some deva frizz free volume foam.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well many Deva products do this to my hair. As much as I want to like the foam I just don't. The gels dry me out. The poos and conditioners are first rate though and I adore the new Super Cream.

You could just try adding an oil seal. Something like jojoba or grapeseed. Just a bit rubbed on your hands applied after leave in on the length of the hair before gels. That could be all you need.

The other thing you could try is a more sealant type enhancer with good oils in them. What enhancer do you use now?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • phillywavyphillywavy Posts: 2Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »
    Well many Deva products do this to my hair. As much as I want to like the foam I just don't. The gels dry me out. The poos and conditioners are first rate though and I adore the new Super Cream.

You could just try adding an oil seal. Something like jojoba or grapeseed. Just a bit rubbed on your hands applied after leave in on the length of the hair before gels. That could be all you need.

The other thing you could try is a more sealant type enhancer with good oils in them. What enhancer do you use now?

I'm using the Deva curl enhancer. What curl enhancer would have
    good oils?

Also you mentioned a leave in. All I do is low poo and leave in some of the deva conditioner as per the curly book but I'm still getting a lot of frizz even though my hair feels pretty moisturized. I can't seem to hold in the moisture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file