I give up

AyesarAyesar Posts: 62Registered Users Curl Novice
I am so frustrated with this process that I think I'm going to have to quit and go back to combing through my curly hair and tying it back. I try to follow the whole CG method for my 2c/3a hair...conditioner only, leaving done out when rinsing, rinsing with cold water, using leave in and gel, diffusing downwards since I don't want volume. What I get is decent looking curls at the front and a complete mess at the back of my hair. Like, my hair is not even even. Some curls are loose and long and the curs underneath are tight and short. The curls at the back of my head just look like a birds nest. And when I think of how much product I put in there there's no way I can add more so I think I just have to give up. I know that a stylist who cut my hair once did an awesome job with my hair but I cannot do what he did no matter how many times I have tried.

I wish I could attach pics but it doesn't seem to be working for me here :(

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,228Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ayesar, I understand. If I could have a private stylist do my hair every day, I could wear it curly every day - but that's not happening.

I'm sure you'll get some great advice and tips from others but if you still can't make it work for you, just try to be kind to yourself and do whatever works best for you. If you can't wear it curly most of the time, that's no sin.

Good luck going forward. I hope you can find a solution you can be happy with.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • 10sylvia510sylvia5 Posts: 39Registered Users
    Oh boy, I completely understand where you are coming from, i must have your hair! Mine does the same, at the front , nice and curly , although can get a bit stringy, then the back can be a total birds nest!
    Horrid and yes i am contemplating giving up too. You are not alone::icescream:
  • stormstorm Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey. Dont be disappointed. A lot of us still struggle with our routines and techniques not to mention products. If your hair is still healthy, id be happy. No ones curls look perfect or modellish all the time.
    Theres always some frizz , stringiness or poofines going on.
    "Embracing your curls " shouldnt mean stressing out about making them perfect. It should br about embracing your natural hair pattern and caring for it with what suits it and YOU best. If any method is too time consuming or stressful for you, tweak it to suIt you. And relax.:)
    Here to help

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file