A funny story about my dad!

bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Registered Users Posts: 403 Curl Neophyte
I inherited my texture from my father. His hair is also has coarse, high density and I suspect low porosity. His curl pattern is tighter than mine and is 3B/C (I think it's more 3C). He hasn't kept his hair grown out since he was a teenager and keeps it shaved.

He had a bad haircut and is regrowing his hair out, so he hasn't shaved it recently. I noticed that his hair has been curlier than usual. Randomly in the car, he said, "I really like those products of yours! The shampoo makes my hair tingly."

I said, "Are you using them?" He sheepishly admitted, "Yes, I have been. My hair is getting curlier and curlier! I like them. Maybe, your products are better."

It made me smile that my father is starting to use my hair products instead of those yucky sulfates of his! ;) His hair texture is looking a lot nicer already! Maybe, I can convince him to finally grow out those curls of his... :tongue5:
Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
  • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
  • KC: KT, CC, CC
  • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
  • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
  • CURLS: Souffle
  • AV Juice
  • EVOO

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    What a fun story!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    That's cute!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Registered Users Posts: 403 Curl Neophyte
    That's a great story! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks so much! It made me giggle! When I got my Black Friday order from Curlmart, he wanted to keep the samples. I think I might be turning him into a product junkie! LOL. :occasion9:
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
    What a fun story!

Hahahhaha! Thanks! It really made me laugh! His hair is really looking nicer than usual! Maybe, I'm finally rubbing on him about loving your curls. :angel9:
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
    That's cute!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App

Thank you! I thought it was so cute too! He was excited when my Curlmart package came and it was full of hair goodies! He's been interested in everything that I've been using/doing. His hair is a lot better looking too. :angel9:
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
  • bodysquarebodysquare Banned Users Posts: 6
    Hahahhaha! Thanks! It really made me laugh! His hair is really looking nicer than usual! Maybe, I'm finally rubbing on him about loving your curls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file