Protein free alternative to Eco Styler?

bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I love how much of a firm hold that Eco has, but my hair is not a fan of protein (unless it's silk) anymore. It's making my hair get tangled too. My hair seems to do okay with Eco when it comes to slick backing my buns, rtf. but too much of it; it gives me an overload.

Any alternatives?
Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
  • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
  • KC: KT, CC, CC
  • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
  • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
  • CURLS: Souffle
  • AV Juice
  • EVOO

Comments

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 308Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find that Wetline Xtreme is similar in texture. You can also try these new Eco custards they have out. They have a pump and are protein free.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Super Wet...I like the aloe vera one.....medium/strong hold, no protein no glycerin. The Strong hold one is great also....no protein or glycerine. These are way better than Ecostyler or any other drugstore gel I've tried imo...both scrunch out nicely, rinse clean and leave the hair feeling nice. I believe there is a thread on here about it.
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I find that Wetline Xtreme is similar in texture. You can also try these new Eco custards they have out. They have a pump and are protein free.

Thanks so much, girlie! :) I will give them a try. I found two great protein-free firm/medium gels (Curl Maker and Curling Custard) but it's not the type of firm that Eco was for me. I didn't know Eco came out with any new products! I may check them too. The idea of a pump is a great idea!
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Super Wet...I like the aloe vera one.....medium/strong hold, no protein no glycerin. The Strong hold one is great also....no protein or glycerine. These are way better than Ecostyler or any other drugstore gel I've tried imo...both scrunch out nicely, rinse clean and leave the hair feeling nice. I believe there is a thread on here about it.

Thank you so much, twirlygranny! :) I just looked it up and it looks like it contain a preservative that I'm allergic to... but I'm going to see if other gels of their also contain it, so I can still try it!

I haven't tried a lot of gels. I did like one from Pantene from a few years ago. I tried a gel that my grandmother used a few years ago that was called LA Looks, but my hair hated it. I thought it was just a super, super hard hold for my hair... but I realize now that it was probably the protein. The things we learn from our hair journeys! ;D
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file