Wash and Go Regimen For The Win!!!

I've been natural for going on 2 1/2 years. I saw so much progress when I first started, and my hair obviously felt more healthy and thick than my relaxed hair ever felt. So year one was full of length and thickness and taught me so much about my hairs likes and dislikes.
Then around year two I noticed my growth was slow and my length retention was minimal. I was shedding and my hair just seemed to snap off. It was dry, weak, and brittle. So I tried protein treatments, inversion methods, MHM, black tea treatments, and hot oil treatments. Nothing seemed to help. Don't get me wrong it helped at the moment in repairing my hair, but there were no long lasting effects.
So I have a friend who went natural around the time I did and is now at mid back length and I'm still at shoulder/armpit length. She rocks a wash and go every day, while I rely mainly on twist outs, braid outs, and blowouts. I felt so stupid.
One of the first things I heard when going natural was that your hair loves water, water is its best friend. How could I forget that. So after doing some research, much to the help of Naptural85, I've decided to start a wash and go regimen.
It has been one week and already my hair is shinier, stronger, bouncier, and wayyyyyyyy more moisturized. I feel like it was the first time I've truly been natural.
Because I am adding more products in my hair than before, should I shampoo more to prevent buildup? (just co-washing)
Is there anyway I can stretch my wash and go's without heat or too much tension?
Would ECO styler gel make a difference in the regimen instead of just using my leave in to seal and hold?
Also, if anyone has a good wash and go regimen, I'd love to hear it

Comments

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How often or with what that you wash your hair is going to depend on the products that you use. If everything you use is water soluble then you can get away with cowashing weekly or every few days.

You can stretch your hair with banding or sleeping in the pineapple. I actually don't like to stretch my hair. I don't see the point for me, lol.

Adding a gel may help decrease frizz and add more hold for your curls. If you find you have hold without gel then go right ahead! lol

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    When you wash and go, do you leave the house with wet hair? I've always been "afraid" to go out in public places with wet hair.

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

• DeniseReneeDeniseRenee Posts: 3Registered Users
    Well I use Cantu Leave In for my wash and go because I'm afraid my ECO styler gel would be too harsh on my entire head.
    And, yea I'm a student so I seem to always leave my room with my hair wet lol. It's not that bad, my hair is pretty thick so my scalp doesn't get to cold, and my hair isn't dripping wet when I leave. Damp, mostly 75% wet.
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Shoot...when you go to go, you got to go! As long as my hair isn't dripping, I'm going.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    I guess what annoys me the most is getting my shirt wet from my hair. Anyways that's great that you found something that works!

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

• DeniseReneeDeniseRenee Posts: 3Registered Users
    Meh it works but I haven't been doing this for long so God knows the future. But I'm not at a length where my hair will hold a lot of water so I don't have that problem with getting my shirt wet yet. But your hair is very long so I can only imagine lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file