Finger coiling/curls

sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey everyone, has anyone tried finger coils on their hair? I have seen videos of this done to tighter curl patterns with great results and I wonder how it would look on my hair type. I have a mix of 2C and 3A hair. All the videos I watched were done such that the finger coils were left in as the style itself, I did not like how that looked on me but maybe letting them air dry and unraveling them will create a less frizzy curl? Has anyone with my hair type tried this? What did you think?

Comments

• MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I most certainly do. I apply my FSG, shape the curls with my fingers, and let it dry some before I diffuse and apply Deva UD gel. Then I clip. Works for me!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I need to practice this more. Since I grew out my fringe I can rarely get the hair around my face to curl and sit right and it, more often than not, looks messy. I've tried finger curling but It just doesn't seem to work for me, I guess practice makes perfect so I need to try again, I'm sick of the frizzy stringlets.
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie, there is a video on the Curly Hair Solutions/Frizoff site where the "skip curl" technique is demonstrated; that should help you some although I dont do mine anywhere near as methodically as she does hers!
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've seen people with looser curl patterns do finger coils. They just did bigger sections--picture Shirley Temple. I can't for the life of my get my hair to get into and stay in those coils! I like the style and would love for it to work.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    I apply flax seed gel, finger curl, diffuse some, apply my regular gel, diffuse, clip, presto.
    I had a look on youtube the other day but the videos that came up were all for people with tighter curls than mine, more in the 4's. I didn't see the CHS one though so I'll have a look at that, thanks Myrna. I did try over the weekend but I seemed to keep getting my fingers stuck in my hair!
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's a girl on YouTube, her name is Waterlily716, and she shows how to do the skip curl technique really well. I've done them a lot, and have had a lot of success. For type 3 hair its a lot easier to create them than it is for extremely tight curls, it seems. I've also watched videos of tighter curlies doing finger coils, and they really really twirl them a lot. I find that I don't need to spend very much time doing them at all. I used to do my entire head, and now I just do the top layer, and a little extra around my face. HTH Btw, I have 3b with a little bit of 3a, normal porosity/density/elasticity

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
    I've seen some of waterlily's video's in the past, but not really since she stopped posting here. I'll check it out, thanks.
    3b in South Australia.
  • machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna wrote: »

That product line looks interesting.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    macher wrote: »
    Myrna wrote: »

That product line looks interesting.

Most folks love the Curl Keeper. The cream is new.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    I've had a bit of success with this the last couple of days, though sometimes it seems a bit too successful and it curls too tightly for my liking. I can't imagine doing it all over my head like the woman in the video, and messing with it all afterwards like that? Nooo!
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file