AVG: is anybody still using this?

AlmaPetraAlmaPetra Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My friend is getting me a bottle of FOTE AVG. I have never used AVG before but I thought I'd try it for my hopelessly dry hair. But I don't see it talked about often anymore, neither does it have a place in people's signatures nowadays.

Is anybody still using AVG? If yes, what are you using it for? And how exactly do you apply it?
4a/4b, highly porous, fine hair.

Co-wash: DevaCurl No Poo Decadence, AIA Long and Luxe Cowash
Leave-in: KCKT, Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Stylers: UFDCM, WLXG

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I still use AVG. Lilly of the Desert AVG in a tube is one of my HG. It works very for me as a curl refresher, and especially on my ends when they lose curl definition. I think I tried FOTD AVG years ago, and it didn't work as well for me as LOTD AVG. So keep that in mind as another option you may want to try.

In the past year or so, I experimented with a couple of the Aubrey Organics gels instead of LOTD AVG. They were okay for me but I didn't get the same lasting curl definition or shine as I get with LOTD AVG so now I buy 2 tubes of it at a time. :)

ETA: I noticed that you and I have similar hair. I'm also 3b/c, fine hair. Not sure of my porosity however.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 248Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I recently started using FOTE AVG again after taking a break from it for a few years. I use it with the "C" in my LOC routine for both added moisture and light hold.

My hair is mostly 3a with some b, fine, and highly porous--and it LOVES the AVG!
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, medium, thick, low porosity, modified CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil sulfate-free shampoo; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; KCKT; LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel; coconut oil; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file