Why is everything foaming in my hair?

StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi I'm fairly new to this forum. I've been embracing my curls for a year after 10 years of straightening, following a modified cg method and my curls are back now. However the last week everything I put in my hair is making it foam up like I've just shampoo'd and I don't know why.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have an idea what this means?

It happened using my usual products so it makes no sense.
Thanks.
3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.

Comments

• stormstorm Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Which products? I remember when i was new to CG i got the same thing. Im wondering if it has to do with hair being lower porosity because products dont absorb easily and mix and react on the hair.
  • StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi thanks for replying. The main products that are foaming are Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner and Devacurl supercream. I thought maybe it was the supercream since I'm quite new to it but I didn't use it, just the conditioner and my usual gel and I had to squeeze all the foam out it was so bad.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.
  • stormstorm Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    StephC79 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for replying. The main products that are foaming are Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner and Devacurl supercream. I thought maybe it was the supercream since I'm quite new to it but I didn't use it, just the conditioner and my usual gel and I had to squeeze all the foam out it was so bad.
    If you hair is in good health as in the curls seem fine, isnt dry or overly tangly or suddenly frizzy(a neonor amount of tangles between wash days is natural for curly hair) then i wouldnt worry. Im still guessing you have low porosity hair and your products (which all contain a small number of conditioning surfactants) are causing the foam on thr surface of the hair.
    This is what i think though and it used to be happrn to me when i had softer gentler water.
  • Curls80Curls80 Posts: 526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    storm wrote: »
    Which products? I remember when i was new to CG i got the same thing. Im wondering if it has to do with hair being lower porosity because products dont absorb easily and mix and react on the hair.

I'm not low porosity but I've read that exact same thing on this site.
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well products have stopped foaming in my hair this week. No idea why, I've not done anything different.

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    StephC79 said:
    Well products have stopped foaming in my hair this week. No idea why, I've not done anything different.
    So interesting!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    How weird - I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner today for the first time, and it was kind of foamy!  I have no idea why. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    It's catching!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights