Is it bad to leave oil(s) in spray bottle with conditioner or water?

bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Registered Users Posts: 403 Curl Neophyte
I was thinking off making a hair moisturizer of oil, water and my conditioner... but I just read that it was bad to do that! Apparently, it can go bad because of lack of preservatives. Is this bad? Is it not good to mix oils with other mixtures too --- like aloe, water and oils for instance?
Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
  • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
  • KC: KT, CC, CC
  • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
  • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
  • CURLS: Souffle
  • AV Juice
  • EVOO

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    What I do is I just make a small amount so that it doesn't go bad. I don't know if I even made enough to last a week. (I don't do it anymore because I couldn't find a combination that worked for my hair. But I only had the stuff go bad if it sat for quite a while, like a month.) You could also use distilled water for your preparations; that would probably increase the shelf life.

I think that you could mix oils with water-based mixtures as long as you remembered to shake the bottle before spritzing, to disperse the oil in the mixture.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file